Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I start stocking up on ammo?

Should I start stocking up on ammo?

After a month of having no .22 rimfire cartridges suddenly yesterday my local Walmart has plenty of Winchester Mildcats (or is it Wildcats?). Anyway you can only buy six bricks at a time. It sounds like the supply is going fast but they expect more to arrive. Maybe production got caught up at least for now.

Comment

heck yes i mean y not? id like to always have a bunch of ammo on stock. instead of only shooting so much a day because i might run out.

Comment

I say yes, I smell trouble!

Comment

More I think about this situation, the more I truly believe we are being conditioned to not having ammo available. And possibly some entity has threatened the ammo manufacturers the same way Clinton did the Firearm companies!

The question is?

Is ammunition and the position of covered by the 2nd Amendment the same as firearms?

Comment

The prevailing opinion seems to agree that it's time to stock up, because shelves in my area of the Northwest seem to clear quickly of ammunition and reloading supplies.

Comment

I'd say more like you should have started already, but better late than never. Some reloading components have doubled in price over the course of a couple of years, and I've had to find new "recipes" due to shortages. A buddy is thinking about building his own shot tower, but he's a bit extreme.

Comment

i am just in case something happens amd i cant get an ammo. better safe than sorry.

Comment

Your guns are worthless without ammo, so keep enough on hand for each gun. If you dont use it, it wont go bad. Plus the longer you wait the more it will be. I saw .380 auto shells at the gun show last weekend for $75 per 100, and that is the only place I've een it for weeks now, its starting to become insame.

Comment

I would buy as much as you can. Here in NC ammo for handguns is hard to come by. I was thinking of buying a .357 but wont because I can not find any ammo for it.

Comment

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. buy as much as you can and more

Comment

You are too late in most popular calibers. Nobody's got any in stock.

Comment

ok if Clay says to buy ammo then you better buy ammo, i would buy as much as i can afford.

Comment

I think you should always have a few hundred per gun,
                            deer rifles maybe only 40 or so but 223,308,45, 12 ga, 9mm etc you should have stocked year round.

And yes it is getting hard to find a LOT of the bullets that I shoot at Wally World but they are out in town if you beat the bushes for them. Also use your online resources they will have more than anyone else. Midway is doing a good job of keeping ammo available.

Comment

Dude, where you been the past 6 months?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by franchi20
                                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                                Today, 07:40 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                                by franchi20
                                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                                Today, 07:34 PM
                              • What's after Trump?
                                by FirstBubba
                                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                Today, 01:46 PM
                              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X