Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son recently acquired a Taurus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger. Any words of wisdom regarding handloading this beast for whitetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son recently acquired a Taurus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger. Any words of wisdom regarding handloading this beast for whitetail

My son recently acquired a Taurus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger. Any words of wisdom regarding handloading this beast for whitetails and black bear would be greatly appreciated. Good hunting.

H110 and Hornady XTPs. Its not as much of a beast as you might expect. The .480 Ruger may be slinging more lead but it is not near as violent as the .454 Casull. I like the .480 Ruger better for that reason, a greater percentage of the punishment goes downrange and less into you hand.

Comment

I would bet that this gun in this caliber will be just as or at least close to as comfortable to shoot as many .44 magnums.

Comment

My 44 Mag Ruger Super Black Hawk does me just fine thank you!

Comment

Agreed with vtbluegrass and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad