Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody else noticed major BS going on in the media? In the recent incident in which a guy went to an immigration station an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody else noticed major BS going on in the media? In the recent incident in which a guy went to an immigration station an

Has anybody else noticed major BS going on in the media? In the recent incident in which a guy went to an immigration station and shot all those people was an example of such a thing. On the first report, eye wittnesses claimed that the shooter had a high-power rifle. (To the media a 223 would be a "high-power rifle.") Not more than a couple of hours later the report said that he had a pair of ".45 caliber handguns." I wonder what he will have next?

Have not heard of this story yet but I believe it... media always plays out people with guns/hunters to be a lot worst than what it really is to grab the attention of the audience. Next thing he will have is a couple of grenades and a .50 cal sniper rifle.... and oh yeh, he will be a hunter. Let me ask you, when is the last time you heard something in the news that talks about how hunters are natural conservationists or the funds we raise for the environment or even the organizations such as "Hunters for the Hungry"? Rarely if ever does the media put stories like that in the news.

Comment

With all the media hounds clamoring to get the scoop first, they believe/report everything they hear. The real story never comes out until weeks later.

Comment

Bazooka will be next.

Comment

I was up in Central New York when it happened and it was all over the news. I just clicked it off until later that night. I knew there would be so much speculation and every channel said something different.

Comment

A friend of mine was in Binghamton a block and a half away when they imposed the police cordon. He said it was 2 pistols, I'm just glad he stayed clear.

Comment

hjohn, I heard the same initial reports you did. Of course the media got it wrong. It is a sad and regrettable event though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                by DakotaMan
                He used H4350 and the Berger 105g Hybrid. He cleaned it religiously but didn't know about carbon ring until I saw the barrel. Overbore cartridges cause...
                Today, 02:11 PM
              • Another New Upper
                by DakotaMan
                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                Today, 12:54 PM
              • Reply to Another New Upper
                by PigHunter
                That's a nice project! Have you tried the 6.5 Grendel and if so, what's your opinion of it?
                Today, 02:05 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by PigHunter
                You're right, I'm an Agnostic. But, I've been a Christian, Sunday School teacher, and lay preacher. With an hour's prep I could probably deliver a decent...
                Today, 02:00 PM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X