Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 13 year-old boy was shot (30 rounds by 2 officers) and killed by police officers after he was stopped by spike strips, followi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 13 year-old boy was shot (30 rounds by 2 officers) and killed by police officers after he was stopped by spike strips, followi

A 13 year-old boy was shot (30 rounds by 2 officers) and killed by police officers after he was stopped by spike strips, following a pursuit in a stolen car, after he drove off with stolen gas, and after he fired at police officers on 2 occasions. The mother is filing a lawsuit against the officers for excessive force. What do you think?

That kids behavior could probably be traced back to her being a poor parent. Bet you money she couldn't name his father either. Whole thing is sad but don't blame the police.

Comment

Yeh, the police wasted too many rounds they should have killed him with one shot.

Comment

It is a sign of the litigous society in which we live. She would have sued either way. If for no other reason than she can not claim him on her welfare claim so she will lose money.

Its always someone elses fault. punk kids are the product of the school system raising children for parents.

Comment

If he fired on the officers then deadly force was warranted in stopping him. It is unfortunate that our society is producing more and more young people that resort to this kind of behavior. A product of a society with decreasing boundaries and poor parental guidance. She is sueing because some bottom feeding lawyer rang her door bell...

Comment

if somebody was threatening your life with a gun, wouldnt you shoot them too? i believe the cops did the right thing by shooting him. killing? maybe not. 30 rounds is a little too much too.

Comment

it was necicary

Comment

3 rounds 30 or 300 it doesn't matter, if he fired on police they have the right to fire back PERIOD.

Comment

Are you trying to generate sympathy for the boy. Tough.

Comment

I think they should have fired back regardless, but 30 shots may be a little much.

Comment

hjohn429,
                      you have someone shoot at you and then comment on how many shots they should have fired. They were doing their jobs, the kid shot at them. they had every right to shoot as many times as was necessary to take the threat out. It could have been one of the officers got shot and killed.

Comment

additional facts to the story include: he came out of the stolen vehicle firing. both officers returned fire, emptying their guns, as they are taught, to eliminate the further threat of deadly force. see the story here:
                        http://billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/04/01/news/state/39-lawsuit.txt
                        the little SOB got exactly what he had coming and his "mommy dearest" who was obviously a positive force in his life is looking for the gravy train. hopefully a judge will throw it out as frivolous.

Comment

What else are the police supposed to do when they are shot at?

Comment

In my opinion, the officers should be cleared. I can understand each of the officers emptying their magazines. Adrenalin...tense situation...but their response is understandable, reasonable, appropriate. I grew up in the inner city, but I didn't drive and didn't know which pedal to step on when I was 13! What's a 13 yr-old doing stealing a car and firing at police? Can anything but a result like this be expected? I wouldn't want to be either of the officers who had to fire.

Comment

I think the mother should look in the mirror and ask herself if maybe she should have used some excessive force on his back end. If she would have then he would still be here today and not in the ground. These people need to take the responsibility for their own kids.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad