Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard ammo can not be sold after June 30 2009. Is this true? If not, what is going to happen to ammo availability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard ammo can not be sold after June 30 2009. Is this true? If not, what is going to happen to ammo availability?

I heard ammo can not be sold after June 30 2009. Is this true? If not, what is going to happen to ammo availability?

About March 17, 2009 I contacted Congressman John Boozmans Office. What I was told there is no legislation on the Federal level at this time, only at the state level. Below is the web site I was to refer to for what is going on. Also what I was told where there is heavy hunting, this should not pass. Also Congressman John Boozman is with the 2nd Amendment group and opposes any legislation of this type period! http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm Also at that time I emailed Federal Cartridge Company and they said the shortage was due to Government Contracts.
    Question by Clay Cooper. Uploaded on March 28, 2009

Answer Question Answers (4)

from Jim in Mo wrote 1 day 13 hours ago
    I believe Federal, and any other cartridge co. about Gov. contracts, people scrounging ammo shelves out of fear etc. We sure can't expect them to retool to make more ammo and then when things calm down what are they stuck with? Over-capacity. It's tough right now, but the ammo companies I don't blame.

0 Good Comment? Yes | No | Report
    from steve182 wrote 1 day 25 min ago
    My state legislators in my area have expressed to me that they will not support any 2nd Amendmant or anti-hunting measures. That said, the Governor does not side with Gunners or Sportsman, so i'm actively writing letters, both by email and by post. Making phonecalls too.

from steve182 wrote 1 day 24 min ago
    that should read "2nd Amendmant infringement" (above)

from auburn_hunter wrote 2 sec ago
    I emailed my representative in the state legislature and he assured me that even though it has been brought up in previous sessions, it has never been put to a vote due to the lack of support. Of course,

Comment

Find out who your state legislators are and write them, email them and call them. Tell them this is a backdoor and bogus approach at limiting ammunition to law abiding citizens and sportsmen. We will not stand for this kind of legislation.
      To be safe, if you don't have much ammo, buy as much as you can now.

Comment

No, it is not.

Comment

Old wisdom is believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear. Somebody yankin your chain fella.

Comment

i dont know my buddy was telling me that southern wisconsin was going to be running really low or out by hunting season and hes usually pretty reliable about this kinda stuff. and i happen to live in southern wisconsin which is a problem for me and my hunting buddies

Comment

Ammo can and will be sold after June 30th 2009. That is if we still exist then...

Comment

no someone is telling this stuff to get people worried, you can buy ammo after june 30 2009.

Comment

I highly doubt it. It is just a coax.

Comment

It's that new headstamping thing that's been talked about. I'm not much concerned. WHAT ME WORRY! Sorry youngsters that's for us over fifty in the know.

Comment

It's not True!!!

Comment

Whatever you do, Do Not go out and purchase 375,000,000 rounds in all the calibers you like. There are actually federal limits as to how much ammo you can have in stock, I don't know the exact amount, but more than 2 pounds of black powder and you need a federal powdermans license and special storage requirements (or you could loose it all!) BP is explosive after all! Too much unsecured is a hazard to your loved ones (if you have any). It does no good to keep arms to protect your family if you blow them up yourself because you are an idiot!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad