Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an ithica modle 37 featherlight 16 gauge pump shot gun that is over 60 years old and is in very good condition what is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an ithica modle 37 featherlight 16 gauge pump shot gun that is over 60 years old and is in very good condition what is it

I have an ithica modle 37 featherlight 16 gauge pump shot gun that is over 60 years old and is in very good condition what is it worth.

Here's an article from an April,1999 Gun Magazine-

Ithaca has reintroduced its famous Model 37 pump shotgun in 16 caliber. The new Featherlight 16 gauge has all the historic quality and nostalgia of the original Model 37, but is superior to the 20 gauge, lighter than the 12 gauge and with significantly less recoil. The Featherlight is available in two versions, the Classic ($695) and the Deluxe ($515, $545 with ventilated rib).

Also www.collectorsfirearms.com has it for $529.95.
    |
    |
    Hope I helped

Comment

The current Blue Book of Gun Values lists the 16 gauge Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight Standard at $500 in 90% (good to very good) condition. You might have a hard time getting the full price for it as they over 2 million Model 37s have been produced and they are fairly common on used gun racks. The good news is, they are great bird guns, solidly built, and yours probably has many more years of shooting left in it.

Comment

My father gave me an Ithaca 37 16 gauge shotgun for my 15th birthday in 1961. It was slightly used and I used it to hunt pheasants and rabbits about five times per year until 1973. I cleaned it well, put it in a case and have only shot it two times (New Years) since. I have not shot it for 30 years and probably should sell it because I do not own a current gun owners permit. What is it worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Dunkelbarger View Post
          My father gave me an Ithaca 37 16 gauge shotgun for my 15th birthday in 1961. It was slightly used and I used it to hunt pheasants and rabbits about five times per year until 1973. I cleaned it well, put it in a case and have only shot it two times (New Years) since. I have not shot it for 30 years and probably should sell it because I do not own a current gun owners permit. What is it worth?
          Do you have pictures???

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad