Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Grandfather gave me my first shotgun when i was about 11 years old. Its a Winchester Model 12. The gun is in great shape and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grandfather gave me my first shotgun when i was about 11 years old. Its a Winchester Model 12. The gun is in great shape and

My Grandfather gave me my first shotgun when i was about 11 years old. Its a Winchester Model 12. The gun is in great shape and originally was owned by my great-great grandfather. I checked the serial number and it was manufactured in 1955. 16 Gauge with blued barrel. The stock is very short but is believed to be original. My great-great grandfather was really short so I imagine thats the reason behind the short stock. In near mint condition, works great and never jams. What's it worth?

Check out this book: Standard Catalog Of Firearms 2009 by Dan Shideler. It is a great resource for finding gun values (old or new). It runs about $40 so I wouldn't buy it unless you really wanted to. I would check it out at your local Barnes & Noble, or your local gun shop should have one (for consignment purposes).

Comment

Thanks I might look into that

Comment

PRICELESS!

Comment

$25

Wanna sell it

Comment

BamaCreekBum,
            In 90% condition your gun is worth approximately $800.
            Now, you mentioned a very short stock. If that stock was ordered special from Winchesters custom shop that could increase value by 50-300%. Problem is you have to prove it either by sales receipt or letter from Winchester.

Comment

Thank you very much Jim. That really helped my curiosity. Of course I'm not going to sell it because it means too much to me, but i really appreciate your answer.

Comment

Your making your GREAT GREAT GRANFATHER SPIN IN HIS GRAVE!

Comment

If only your grandfather knew... don't sell it. Pass it down to your kids or someone else in the family. It has more intrinsic value than just a quick buck.

Comment

Keep it and pass it down to your children!!!

Comment

it's priceless

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                        by crm3006
                        From honk the phony- " even though Browning conveniently glues an instruction diagram inside each fore end. Yeah, right.

I'm still waiting
                        Today, 03:11 PM
                      • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                        by derek7
                        Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                        08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                      • Reply to 16 Years
                        by PigHunter
                        Thanks. Yep, I try to not be too lazy, was last in the gym on Wednesday lifting weights and walking on a treadmill. Another thing, I refuse to pay for...
                        Today, 02:36 PM
                      • 16 Years
                        by jhjimbo
                        So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                        08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                      • Reply to 16 Years
                        by Ontario Honker Hunter
                        Pighunter, I would hardly say your working life has been sedentary. Probably as many job shifts and almost as much education in maybe the same amount...
                        Today, 02:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X