Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does every cold snap or heavy snow fall disprove global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live real close to Mobile bay we haven't seen weather this cold for so long in several decades.Just hope it kills some of the bugs.Usually in shorts and sleeves this time of the year.

Comment

No, its part of global warming. Climate change is a better term. The theory of this effect will cause very hot dry summers and extremly cold winters. Like is currently happening.

Comment

I wish I could remember the study, but the long and short of the one important thing I saw in that particular study was just photo evidence. A university in the alps took 6 photos a year--every 2 months--of the same mountain for a century. If you look at all the pictures laid out in 6 rows--each month's photo in a line--you notice that over the past hundred years, that mountain went from snow covered in january annually, to snow peaked annually with a snow-covered year now and then, to snow peaked once in a while. That seems like pretty good evidence to me that something is going on. I'm no scientist, I'm just a little medic, but think about it. Then again, with all the people on this site who are pretty avid sportsmen, you would hope that we as a group aren't making too big of an impact... it's nice to think that maybe we F&S fans make up for the shortcomings of others...

Comment

It is far better to err on the safe side.We have better game and fish laws.Better water pollution standards.I guess some of you would rarher hack your lungs out while you debate global warming.

Comment

Absolutely! Things are going to get HOTT globally within 90+/- days as well; we have another Sun[looks a lot like the "old" one]-spotted over China last week!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad