Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does every cold snap or heavy snow fall disprove global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does every cold snap or heavy snow fall disprove global warming?

Does every cold snap or heavy snow fall disprove global warming?

matouse3 asked this.

Seriously,

No, but the thing that is odd this time is that it is indeed the entire northern hemisphere that is experiencing this. Sometimes its cold "here" and really warm "there" [somewhere else in the same hemisphere] Apparently not this time.

on the other side of the argument, I heard Cantore on the weather channel say that there are certain places in Siberia and Alaska that they monitor, and that it is not record setting there. Apparently that would raise eyebrows if that was also the case.

Comment

Ask Al Gore, he knows everything... Tee Hee Hee...

Comment

It's WORLD WIDE extreme cold this year, which re-enforces my long felt belief that algore is full of excrement.

Comment

No and neither does consecutive year El Nino's prove global warming. It's all a cycle. If you could stick around long enough, you could see the next ice age. My only hope is that it will scour out NYC and freeze over Detroit and Chicago and drown Miami and New Orleans for the improvemnet of the species. LOL

Comment

From Clays archives of bookmarks, places, information and things to read,

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
            -H.L. Mencken

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
            -John Hay, 1872

“It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.”
            -Ayn Rand

What was said in there past are coming home to roost!

Comment

Excellent Question..LOL
              The fact is that it is winter, and I, for one, expect snow and cold weather. Like WA M said, its all cyclical, I don't expect each year to be exactly the same. 3 years ago I was mowing lawn in February (in Michigan) and last year I was digging myself out from under 2ft. of new snow almost daily. The whole idea behind global warming is a very subtle, gradual increase in global surface temperature. Approx. .74 degrees C so far since the mid 20th century and a projected continuation of this trend.
              What this will all mean for this generation and the following..I guess we'll see.

Comment

yep LOL i think its all up and down like WA mnt hunter said its all a cycle

Comment

Global Warming doesn't exist. Chuck Norris just got cold so he turned the sun up.

Comment

There is plenty of evidence that planet temperatures have fluctuated for millions of years. To think it is all caused by man is IMO BS. All this carbon credit crap is just that.

BTW We are expecting near record low temps later this week.

Comment

There was some information about a 400-year weather cycle on parts of the world. Kind of like why you can see 800-year-old trees in Oregon, but not in Georgia. 400 years ago Georgia was brushland, and the belief of some (scientists) is that it will cycle back to that instead of a "global" thing.

AND... It was so cold this morning, I saw a democrat with his hands in his own pockets!

Comment

a lot about global warming this week
                        i think it doesnt happen overnight people it is going to take some time but it will happen like it or not

Comment

What we know is that we're in a warming trend. What we don't know is the exact cause or causes and how much influance man's activities have on the process. I see no reason to run around like Chicken Little yelling "the sky is falling" or warming--whatever. But it is equally foolish to just dismiss the whole thing as natural--common sense tells us that so many billion people on the planet must have some effect on the the planet. How much is surely debatable and the scientific research is inconclusive at this point. It would be prudent to continue research and take reasonable steps to reduce "polution" in all its forms.

Comment

Yes. And every hot day proves that it's real. Duh.

Comment

Logic, reason, common sense, and a look back at the warming and cooling trends throughout history will disprove the Global Warming fraud. As if mankind or any other species could influence from earth the solar flares of the sun and the resulting temperature of the Solar System. The hardest thing to understand in all this is how could Al Gore and his band of confidence men bamboozle so many?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad