Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate change.......

BAH! HUMBUG!

Climate change is naturally occurring, but planet earth is in no danger of cataclysmic, killing change.

https://youtu.be/WSgL9cYm1HM

Climate change naturally occurring????

Not sure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
      Climate change naturally occurring????

Not sure on that.
      Point being, SL, is that the planet has cooled and warmed on it's own for eons and eons. Even before man was even a factor.
      There is fossilized evidence of sea creatures and tropical plants well up into Oklahoma.
      Don't tell me AGW took place a billion years ago.

Comment

Scientists say global warming and scientists say it’s natural climate. Who to believe and I believe what I see.

Comment

Okay, but I don't know what you're seeing.....or (with all due respect) what you think you're seeing.

Comment

Alarmists are doing more harm than good. Calmer, less political discussion would help us learn what's really going on with the planet and what can productively be done about it, if anything can or needs to be done.

Fewer people and less pollution -- those are givens either way. How the heck did this ever become such a political debate anyway? I think it might have been the very first issue that the far-lefties deliberately made into a political one. Al Gore, right after he invented the internet, needed something muddy to sling at those bad old industrialist Republicans.

Comment

Yes sir, MattM37!
              ...and ditch the Paris Climate Accord!

Comment

Here's an interesting sidebar. Animals fleeing the wildfires and living with the city folk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/me...edgdhp&pc=U531

Wasn't there one of those old disaster-horror movies called "Day of the Animals?"

Depending on the neighborhood, I'm rooting for the critters.

The mention of the animal-control guy setting a cage trap for coyotes -- I'm not a trapper, but am I right in thinking that a coyote is just about the last creature on earth who's gonna fail to see a cage for what it is, no matter how tasty the bait?

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                  Scientists say global warming and scientists say it’s natural climate. Who to believe and I believe what I see.
                  Just how many ice ages has this planet seen ??

How often have we had glaciers come, melt and return again ??

These events all transpired prior to age of industrialization !!

In future years, there will also be an ice age on earth. And then again melting.......

But anyway.......FJB

Comment

Jeff Bezos’ Earth Fund has committed 443,000,000 dollars to climate justice !

Ever wonder just what happens to all that money ? How it is, and where it is spent ? Any thoughts on how much it really matters in it’s pursuit ?

It really doesn’t change my idea of FJB !

Comment

From MattM37: "....a coyote is just about the last creature on earth who's gonna fail to see a cage for what it is, no matter how tasty the bait?"

Yep. They are hard enough to trap with a well concealed multiple trap set. Some trappers have had some luck with snares, but still not a sure thing. They will dig traps out of concealment, and pee on them. I can't feature one getting caught in a cage trap.

Comment

The development of EV has accelerated the mining of nickle which is causing more cutting down of the rain forest. The reduction of the forest will have a negative impact on the climate.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad