Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do deers eat small birds and small animal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do deers eat small birds and small animal ?

Do deers eat small birds and small animal ?

Deer do not eat other animals, they are vegetarians.

Comment

no i think they eat grass, grain, and those types of things.

Comment

I dont think so buddy.

Comment

no way.

Comment

no just stupid people

Comment

Deer are browsers and strictly plant eaters.

Comment

I once seen an article it was either Field and Stream or outdoor life that had pictures of whitetail robbing bird nest. It was an old article probably the early 90's Maybe someone else on the board remembers. It said when times get tough and they are deprived of protein the will eat bird eggs. (I dont know though)

Comment

moron duuuuuuuuuuuu the revenge of the blood thirsty deer. hint hint we should all be scared.

Comment

Easter Shore I hope before you would name call you would do some research. http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/news/press/ontape.htm

Comment

Augusto The is an National Georaphic article of red deer eating birds as well as sheep eating birds. They also mention cows seeking out and chewing on bones. They think this is from a calcium defincency(sp) Here is the link. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/08/0825_030825_carnivorousdeer.html

Comment

Its amazing that we can take a question that seems crazy and find articles that relate. Thank you everybody great work.

Comment

no deer are strictly vegetarians ... only grass and grain and even in the winter they will eat bark from trees ... and for all the people on here that make smart comments and calling names ... are you a biologist ???

Comment

No they don't. Don't look at a picture and put a thousand words into it. I also agree with gossy and bowhunter, don't call foolish names for a question, that's just not right.

Comment

Deer primarily eat grasses and grains however I have watched documentaries of deer actually eating fish kill. It was explained that the deer had a protein deficiency. I would guess survival instinct kicks in and an animal will do whatever they can to survive.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad