They are now on the attack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are now on the attack.

Wild boars cornered a woman in Rome supermarket parking lot and stole her groceries.

https://news.yahoo.com/wild-boar-cor...151833084.html

Originally posted by PigHunter
    Wouldn't have happened in Alabama, Here she would have just pulled her handgun and shot.
    PH, guys with big bore pistols have hit them and had them run right by.
    I mentioned before, my truck driving Father said the last thing they want to hit is a pig. They kick like crazy and take out air and electric lines under tractor.

Comment

Pigs are tough but can be taken down with small caliber guns. Shot placement is the key. I've killed one with my .22 magnum rifle and it was on the run, not in a pen. I've used handguns to kill three others. Here's a report of an Alabama man using three shots from his 38 revolver to drop a large one...

Man shoots mammoth 820 pound wild hog in his front yard - al.com
      What is your aim point ? One guy I know had a .44mag from a tree blind and lost a few on a paid hunt. He was ready to sell his .44.

Pretty small rope to hang that pig by.

Comment

PH -
        But you don't do second shots.
        You prefer to use a long spear, for "the thrill of the kill."
        Right?

Comment

Wow 99, you're such a fan boy. Thanks for paying attention. That is my preferred method. But sometimes it's just more expedient to shoot again.
          Tred Barta practiced running through the woods with a Bowie knife in his mouth to catch up with a pig and kill it. You are probably too ;young to remember him. He was a real wild man early in his years. His full time job was a pilot that would deliver new planes to clients. Very entertaining man.
          Remembering Tred Barta - An Inspirational Outdoorsman - Flylords Mag

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad