Backyard "surprise"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard "surprise"!

The wife and me winter down south. We've been in okay about a month and a half and had some chores in south Texas.
    We got here about 630pm (5-3-21) and were sitting talking to the kid.
    About 9pm, we (they?) began cycling dogs outside before bedtime.
    The kid runs two out and I immediately began to hear yelling and confusion, then the back door slam.
    Suddenly the kid comes running through the living room, grabs the 20 gauge shotgun kept by the front door and makes a beeline back out the back door.
    I here a "bang!", followed in about 20 seconds by a second "bang!" and 10 seconds later a final "bang!".
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210503_212734.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	812.2 KB
ID:	771309 This was the cause of the commotion!
    My apologies for a messed up photo, by the kid wasn't taking any chances! LOL!
    Length is about 5 foot, 9 rattles.

We've got these "buzz bunnies" in OK too, but more moccasins around our house.

That's one way to remove the rattles...

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
      That's one way to remove the rattles...
      What's the surprise ?

Never mind, you must be replying to someone I have blocked so nothing shows up.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 05-08-2021, 10:49 PM.

Comment

jimbo... FirstBubba showed a picture of a big rattlesnake in the back yard.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad