Hunter Shoots Mountain Lion in Self Defence Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Shoots Mountain Lion in Self Defence Video

She dropped her phone when the lion started getting closer but the audio is still on.

It's not at all uncommon to see very fresh lion tracks here, like when walking back following your own tracks out of the woods LOL. They see you and watch you but you never know they are there except, there are the tracks, that weren't there when you walked in, and there are all the carcasses. Lions kill and eat distinctively (shorn hair, entry via lower ribs to vitals etc) In general people don't see lions, except maybe on the road. Hunting they see you first and hide.

Lion attacks are usually from an adolescent that has been pushed out by it's mom and is trying to make it's way to a safe new territory away from all Toms and trying to learn to kill it's own dinner all at the same time, often they are starving. Also old toothless lions that can't chase and catch deer or elk and are on deaths door. That wasn't the case in this instance, this was a healthy full grown female. Lion attacks of any kind are thankfully rare.

How dare people to think they should be allowed to protect themselves from four legged wild animals in the woods, let alone from two legged animals that attempt to enter their homes ! What in the world is this country coming to........??

Comment

I saw this posted by her father on LRH , that is truly a cool headed and brave young lady. She did everything to prevent killing that mountain lion . Much more than most anyone else would have. She has my every respect !

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
        I saw this posted by her father on LRH , that is truly a cool headed and brave young lady. She did everything to prevent killing that mountain lion . Much more than most anyone else would have. She has my every respect !
        I agree with you wholeheartedly Pmacc, my post was of course tongue-in-cheek ! It is good to see ‘women’ and guns mentioned in the same sentence, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

I agree with you wholeheartedly Pmacc, my post was of course tongue-in-cheek ! It is good to see ‘women’ and guns mentioned in the same sentence, is it not?
          BHR your post was fine and understood my friend. With all the spam around this site , great stories like this don’t show up much.
          Last edited by Pmacc60; 11-22-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 2020 Deer season. Quick rundown
            by dewman
            All right PH! Living up to your avatar. Meat in the freezer. Looks like a good eating size. Christmas ham .🐗👀⚡️=🍖&🥓
            Today, 06:52 PM
          • 2020 Deer season. Quick rundown
            by dewman
            opening morning I was in the woods atop a ridge where thicket grew along a fence. Around 7:30 a doe came jogging by at maybe 50yds followed by a year...
            11-26-2020, 09:14 AM
          • Reply to Voter Fraud
            by 99explorer
            Bubba -
            Using your line of reasoning, unless medical examiners have autopsied every single solitary death, there is absolutely no certainty that
            Today, 06:29 PM
          • Voter Fraud
            by bowhunter75richard
            For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
            11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
          • Reply to Voter Fraud
            by FirstBubba
            Unless Medical Examiners have autopsied every single solitary COVID-19 death, there is absolutely NO certainty that any of the 200k plus deaths can actually...
            Today, 05:43 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X