What are my 10 point whitetail deer head mounts worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my 10 point whitetail deer head mounts worth

I have a few deer mounts I am trying to find out what they are worth here is front and both sides view of one of them
    Attached Files

Nice,They get $25.00 to $75.00 at the local Webster Flea Market here in Florida.

Comment

It is hard to say ! What interests one person, another could not have any interest at all. I would say the taxidermy work itself does not look too bad, in fact it is rather good. There are a few minor flaws, but overall they should not reduce your asking price. One person might be interested in the horns, while another might want the entire package. The price is pretty much what someone is willing to pay, and I am sorry to say, that not too many people are interested in someone else’s “stuff” ! If you can find someone who is looking for display mounts in some type of business, it would be to your advantage. Otherwise, you could expect around $35 up to a possible $100 if the right person comes along. Good luck, but do not count on a early retirement from the selling of these mounts !

Comment

I think the really big B & C racks that adorn the walls of the large sporting goods stores are worth thousands.

Comment

No more than 40 bucks tops.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            I think the really big B & C racks that adorn the walls of the large sporting goods stores are worth thousands.
            I am afraid 99 that you have greatly over inflated the worth of these racks. In the first place many are reproductions and not the real deal. And with the increase of deer farms which breed and produce large racked bucks, there are now many too many huge racks on the market, thus driving down the worth as the market is saturated. Huge racks are no longer a scarce item and that has reduced their worth and increased their availability !

Comment

I recall reading that Cabela's has a freeze on buying deer mounts, but Bass Pro was still in the market for state record heads, paying in the vicinity of $15,000 per head, plus a reproduction to the seller.

Comment

You might be right 99, but I have never heard of those prices being paid ! But then again, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay. I dealt in mounts and horns for a long time, and never saw those figures anywhere.

Comment

99,I have to go with Bowhunter75Rick on this. The Animals We see in Bass Pro and others Stores are just Props.

Comment

I see some in flea markets not as nice as yours and asking $200. Find some business looking for them and I would ask $250 to $300.
                    BTW, mounts in Cabela's and Bass are real - some are only loaned to the stores. Others are on display to show taxidermist skill and are actually in contests for best mount.

Comment

There are many people in this country who believe everything is fake except wrestling on TV:-))

Comment

I suspect you could get $50-$75 each on craigslist or at a local flea market. They are nice mounts but you are looking for someone who needs a decorative mount and the market is not large. Most people treasure a mount because it is their trophy. The interest in someone else's trophy is not as high as we would hope.

Comment

During an interview in November, 2011, Mark Dowse, Taxidermy manager for Cabela's 34 locations, said, "We deal with Boone & Crockett animals, and may pay $1,000 and often not even that.
                          "We've paid $10,000, but that's for something like a state-record deer."
                          He added that many mounts in Cabela's stores have been purchased as part of a large collection.
                          In 2002, Bass Pro Shops purchased the Legendary Whitetail collection of 84 trophy mounts from collector Larry Huffman.
                          The collection mounts ranked high in the B & C and Pope & Young record books, and included several of the most notable trophies in the world, including the James Jordan buck and the Hole in the Horn buck.

Comment

During an interview in November, 2011, Mark Dowse, Taxidermy manager for Cabela's 34 locations, said, "We deal with Boone & Crockett animals, and may pay $1,000 and often not even that.
                            He added that many mounts in Cabela's stores have been purchased as part of a large collection.
                            In 2002, Bass Pro Shops purchased the Legendary Whitetail collection of 84 trophy mounts from collector Larry Huffman.
                            The collection mounts ranked high in the B & C and Pope & Young record books, and included several of the most notable trophies in the world, including the James Jordan buck and the Hole in the Horn buck.
                            That info is true 99, but those high figures are very rare and should not be considered as the norm. I am familiar with Cabela’s taxidermy matters, having entered their taxidermy competion in the past. In fact the deer mount used in my Avatar is one that won first place in People’s Choice when I was a full time taxidermist in my past, and something that I still take pride in today !

Comment

At one time, I believed that taxidermy was an easy trade, and that any one mount was just as good as another.
                              I did not realize that it was an art, and that some taxidermists had greater artistic talent than others.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                                by 99explorer
                                Milldawg-
                                Do you condone the Jan.6th mob attack on the Capitol?
                                Today, 06:48 PM
                              • "A little rebellion...."
                                by FirstBubba
                                ...now and then is a good thing!"

This ought set off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Stupid! LOL!
                                --------‐‐-------------------------------...
                                08-13-2022, 12:45 PM
                              • Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                                by Milldawg
                                Ok well time for an adult response. If we allow all of rights to be slow taken from us with no push back of any kind we will wake up one and be slaves...
                                Today, 06:17 PM
                              • Reply to The Culture of Lying
                                by Pmacc60
                                I agree and worse to talk stupid and have no repercussion . The more uneducated and ridiculous statement , the bigger press !...
                                Today, 06:09 PM
                              • The Culture of Lying
                                by jhjimbo
                                The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                                Today, 08:16 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X