Tazing a bear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tazing a bear?

I wonder what would happen if you tasered a bear?

Video of a Bull being tasered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAsgjEAbFXg

Not enough juice in that little gun, pissed him off. I expect it would piss off a bear as well. I would say spray chemicals could be researched to have more dependable outcome. Still, I think a spray is better than a handgun unless you are a super shot with the handgun. Even if you killed the charging bear with a gun it could fall on you and suffocate you to death.

Comment

Not enough juice in that little gun, pissed him off. I expect it would piss off a bear as well. I would say spray chemicals could be researched to have more dependable outcome. Still, I think a spray is better than a handgun unless you are a super shot with the handgun. Even if you killed the charging bear with a gun it could fall on you and suffocate you to death.

Comment

I guess you could try it once, it didn’t help once the current stopped and that was on a calm bull not a bear pumping full of Adrenaline ! .

Comment

NOW That's funny...I hope it has 100yd of wire........................>>

Comment

It just might work...

But then again it might not.

Fortunately Kansas doesn't have a steady population so I shouldn't have opportunity to test it.

Comment

The effects of a taser are of such short duration that it would only buy you a few seconds head start in the race of your life, if that is all you have for defense.

Comment

If a bear is close enough for you to reach him with a tsar, you are most likely already dead and have just not figured it out yet !

Comment

I read of a town in Alaska that had been tasing them. It was a fishing town, they had raised walkways and all kinds of ways of avoiding bears, but they were attracted by spawning fish and would overrun the town for a few months a year. One issue was the taser company had to develop a taser that would penetrate the hair, but they worked it out.
                  The people conducting the study reported good results. They would taser, then collar them. Mostly the bears were young adolescents coming into town to avoid predation from large boars. The young bears were terrified of the taser. Scientists said it was because they have full control of their senses while being collared etc yet were unable to move. After collaring the bears would stay just outside of town so as not to get tased yet not too far out to be killed by the boars.
                  Not sure where I read about it, wish I could link for you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad