Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Update! Blizzard hitting seven states with 40 to 60 mile an hour wind. Do you have a power generator for electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Update! Blizzard hitting seven states with 40 to 60 mile an hour wind. Do you have a power generator for electric?

You may need it for this storm.
    Good Luck Everybody !
    Attached Files

I bought a 7kW unit after the winter storm of '93 and only used it 3 times before selling it in '04. Been without a generator ever since and haven't missed it... But we just have rain today with a 6mph wind, high of 51 degF.
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Several years ago we had and ice storm that took out the electrical grid in most of C Ky. A generator couldn't be found on store shelves in the state. I wasn't effected at home, but at work it was flash lights and lanterns for a week before a generator was located to power the lights.

Stay safe !

Comment

Michigan was supossed to stay above the storm, however it must have shifted dramatically as we are now getting hit with snow since late last night. I put in a natural gas generator 3 years ago, have not yet had to use it, but it feels good to know it is there if needed ! As long as the winds stay down, there should be no problem. I don't say that too loudly, just in case the weather gods are listening ! Good luck to all the others on the site.

Comment

I have a 1000 watt I can run a cord into the house or a 3500 I can feed into the wiring of the house. Plenty of gas.
          We are on the West edge of storm so it is only to be about 5-6" over 2 days. Wind
          is the main problem.
          Stay safe.

Tues AM, 4"snow, mild east wind, 19deg.

Tue. 10:00AM, storm is not as severe for NYC as first projected.

Comment

Since you folks are going to be inside might I suggest a couple of movies. 1 Tombstone, 2 Purgatory

Comment

I wish all you Guys the Best...We have a 35*cold front coming in with Rain, So fair Bike Week is a Bust with two days of heavy rain, Hotel Rooms & Bars that's it!!

Comment

I have 3 generators two for working job sites without temp power. One for at home. If the powers out I'll hardly notice while I'm plowing snow through most of the storms. Throw another log on the fire, bank the coals at night and snuggle in.

Comment

We got hit with the hi winds here middle of last week. A lot of the area went down but we were OK. I have a 20k natural gas generator outside because the wife is "chicken little"
                  You can't put a price on peace of mind.

Comment

Looks like the walls are closing in. The south colliding with the north. If my power goes out I got a good fireplace in the house at least I would stay warm.

Comment

Good luck Gary, gonna be serious in your neck of the woods. In my area, coastal flooding and wind will be the main problems Snow totals depend on the rain,sleet/snow line. It's looking like a more rain than snow event here. No generator for me but my parents have one. I will be at work at least 24 hrs, but my wife knows what to do. Stay safe.

Comment

We have a 8500 watt gasoline generator with a 10 breaker disconnect. Can run what we need to if necessary. Power went out a couple years ago before the disconnect was wired in, was -17 out. House went from 68 down to 60 in five hours. If it goes out again I won't be in a hurry to hook things up, but if it's out for a day or two we'll be fine.

One of my wife's coworkers went to the store during lunch break, said the place was sold out of bread and milk. Guess that's being prepared for some.

Comment

No winter storm down here near the Gulf Coast, but I do have three generators for when those tropical horrors come spinning through. Haven't needed them in several years, but I make sure they're in running order.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            We have a 8500 watt gasoline generator with a 10 breaker disconnect. Can run what we need to if necessary. Power went out a couple years ago before the disconnect was wired in, was -17 out. House went from 68 down to 60 in five hours. If it goes out again I won't be in a hurry to hook things up, but if it's out for a day or two we'll be fine.

One of my wife's coworkers went to the store during lunch break, said the place was sold out of bread and milk. Guess that's being prepared for some.
                            City folks panic and buy enough food, water and milk to last two weeks. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
                              I have 3 generators two for working job sites without temp power. One for at home. If the powers out I'll hardly notice while I'm plowing snow through most of the storms. Throw another log on the fire, bank the coals at night and snuggle in.
                              It sure is good to have a heat/power source that isn't dependent on outside sources.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad