Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you ever printed inside a newspaper, magazine or on TV News for anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    I think my first foray into the press was my first bull elk, published about 1 November 1971. See attached photo.

Most recent published piece was just two days ago. I wrote a rather lengthy evaluation of the bizarre performance to date of America's illustrious newly elected Buffoon-in-Chief and his pathetic entourage (including the other two Stooges: his press secretary and "dumb blonde" presidential aid Conway). Theme was though I'm a US citizen, please don't identify me with that bunch. Not all Americans are fools (supported by the fact that the majority of us voted rationally). I was surprised the editor chose to publish the entire thing! Must have taken nearly half a page of the Saturday edition which up here is the primary sheet of the week. I didn't know the piece made the paper till yesterday when someone at church told me. Generally I rarely purchase the local paper (don't like the waste of wood and dealing with recycling mess) and instead usually read a copy left at the donut shop when I pick up my morning coffee.

Years ago at the height of the Bre-X scandal the same paper published a full page article I wrote on historic mining frauds in this region. I have also had stuff published in Canadian Geographic and peer reviewed professional journals. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever submitting anything that wasn't printed. But I don't make a lot of effort to get in print. That may change, however. My crystal ball indicates there'll be much opportunity for humorous political commentary over the next four years. Yep, the Boy President should keep a lot of writers busy! I predict media shares will be booming on Wall Street ... though everything else will probably go in the toilet.
    Really, CD2? And what makes you think Trump would keep any promises to "protect the 2nd Amendment?" He has such a great record of truthfulness. Like he promised before God to love, honour, cherish, and respect any of his three wives? How well has that worked out. Or the false promises he made to repay the loans and credit advanced to keep his bad business ventures afloat. If he lies to you about the silly Obama "birther" crap (and he did), maybe he's lying to you about protecting your gun rights? Read his book. He brags about using "truthful hyperbole" to mislead investors and business associates. Fancy way of saying "convincing lies." Go ahead and trust your guns to someone who repeatedly boasts about being deceptive. I'll take my chances with just about anyone else.

All about me? Nice way of taking what I said out of context. I guess you missed the part about "now the whole of America is identified with him."

Comment

I think my first foray into the press was my first bull elk, published about 1 November 1971. See attached photo.

Most recent published piece was just two days ago. I wrote a rather lengthy evaluation of the bizarre performance to date of America's illustrious newly elected Buffoon-in-Chief and his pathetic entourage (including the other two Stooges: his press secretary and "dumb blonde" presidential aid Conway). Theme was though I'm a US citizen, please don't identify me with that bunch. Not all Americans are fools (supported by the fact that the majority of us voted rationally). I was surprised the editor chose to publish the entire thing! Must have taken nearly half a page of the Saturday edition which up here is the primary sheet of the week. I didn't know the piece made the paper till yesterday when someone at church told me. Generally I rarely purchase the local paper (don't like the waste of wood and dealing with recycling mess) and instead usually read a copy left at the donut shop when I pick up my morning coffee.

Years ago at the height of the Bre-X scandal the same paper published a full page article I wrote on historic mining frauds in this region. I have also had stuff published in Canadian Geographic and peer reviewed professional journals. Come to think of it, I can't recall ever submitting anything that wasn't printed. But I don't make a lot of effort to get in print. That may change, however. My crystal ball indicates there'll be much opportunity for humorous political commentary over the next four years. Yep, the Boy President should keep a lot of writers busy! I predict media shares will be booming on Wall Street ... though everything else will probably go in the toilet.
      That so many people voted AGAINST Hillary is our opinion that Trump was the least worst candidate. Americans refused to be identified as being with HER. The Honkster has different priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        I won a slalom ski race in the Alps and got in the local paper and a nice trophy.
        This was about 1970. The ski's are borrowed, 185's for the race. I normally ski on 215cm Head Competition. I skied for 2 weeks between there and Kitzbuhel, Austria then went to Amsterdam for a week and then spent a week in London. I started skiing about 10years old.
        I entered a ski school there (mainly to meet girls) never had a lesson before. When I put my ski's on they kicked me from Beginner class up to Expert. Pissed me off cause all the girls were in Beginners. Anyway, had an old ski instructor who, after watching us the first day, guided us (1 girl, 7 guys) all the way down at the end of the day. Took about 30 + minutes of constant skiing to come all the way down. Over open areas, through trees, along goat paths, etc, Best thrill I have ever had. I have been to Colorado, Vermont, New Hampshire, Quebec, Utah and also on Mt Uludag, Turkey (another 10,000' Mt. by the Black Sea, I was the Medic for the Ski Club) and I would recommend Europe to anyone.
        At this time I am mostly X-Country, when it snows.
        Where do you ski? Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          I won a slalom ski race in the Alps and got in the local paper and a nice trophy.
          All my skiing Jim was done in Europe, mainly in Austria but some in Italy. Have not been on skis in a few years. I could not hold a candle to your skiing, you are much more advanced.

Comment

99, great comments to Honker. To bad we can't give a plus one for a reply.

Comment

No, the whole of America is not identified with him.
              If so, can we identify any country or religion by one person?

While liberal media and others claim the world is upset with Trump...........well yeah, he just derailed their gravy train.

Obama did the apology tour and handed out money to those who already took a dim view of this country. Screw them all.

Comment

Yrs ago there was an article in US News and World Report IIRC..............where a guy interviewed an immigrant cabbie, from middle eastern area.

He asked why so many abroad hate America?

The dude said "oh, they don't hate the US for what it does wrong.............they hate it for what it does right".

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Turkey Hunting Newbie
                  by MattM37
                  The only new thing I can add to what the other guys said is, After you pattern and find your most effective load, choke, and range, make sure you can...
                  Today, 01:32 PM
                • Turkey Hunting Newbie
                  by Big5ully9
                  I am looking to do some Rio Grande turkey hunting this spring at Black Kettle WMA in Oklahoma. I have a Remington 870 Express that I want to use. What...
                  Yesterday, 04:14 PM
                • Reply to 40 year old rookie
                  by Danbo
                  I started hunting when I got married the wife’s family got me started
                  Today, 01:19 PM
                • 40 year old rookie
                  by Coach79
                  Anyone else out there get into hunting later in life? I started in September of 2019 at age 40, and shot my first deer last week with a crossbow. So....
                  Yesterday, 09:12 AM
                • Reply to Get Off Social Media
                  by Danbo
                  Foreign governments have always spent money to influence elections not just Russia ! 99 do you fish?
                  Today, 01:17 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X