Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLIZZARD WARNING, for New York City. The mayor just stated on the news this could be the biggest snow storm in NYC history dumping over three feet of snow. Anybody out there in the track of this storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLIZZARD WARNING, for New York City. The mayor just stated on the news this could be the biggest snow storm in NYC history dumping over three feet of snow. Anybody out there in the track of this storm?

BLIZZARD WARNING, for New York City. The mayor just stated on the news this could be the biggest snow storm in NYC history dumping over three feet of snow. Anybody out there in the track of this storm?

Get out the snow machines and be careful everybody. Many people die shoveling snow. Please take coffee, soup or hot chocolate breaks.
    Good Luck!

Comment

Three feet!? Man, I wish we were in the path of that storm! Stay safe everyone, and enjoy the snow!

Comment

A potentially crippling and historic blizzard is forecast to bury areas from New York City northward to southern New England under a wind-swept blanket of 2 feet or more of snow between Monday night and Wednesday morning, as a storm rapidly strengthens just off the East Coast.

As of Sunday at 11 a.m. ET, blizzard watches were in effect from central New Jersey to the North Shore of Boston, a heavily populated urban corridor.

Here is the News Video link of the New York Mayor warning everybody to stay home.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/25/us/weather-storm/
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
          Get out the snow machines and be careful everybody. Many people die shoveling snow. Please take coffee, soup or hot chocolate breaks.
          Good Luck!
          Ok Gary...I will have a HOT Chocolate wile looking at the Snow Storm on TV....Stay Worm Boys it's Winter.

Comment

My wife's cousin is back in Maine visiting family but heads back Tuesday morning for NYC. I advised him to stay and either beg his boss for mercy or tell him to shove it. No word yet on weather Jon will travel or not. In a second story, my father drives to Boston tomorrow night to pick up my mother from Logan Airport, at least the old man is used to winter weather and very capable. Jon on the other hand wears a scarf....

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
              My wife's cousin is back in Maine visiting family but heads back Tuesday morning for NYC. I advised him to stay and either beg his boss for mercy or tell him to shove it. No word yet on weather Jon will travel or not. In a second story, my father drives to Boston tomorrow night to pick up my mother from Logan Airport, at least the old man is used to winter weather and very capable. Jon on the other hand wears a scarf....
              Hope they make it. Some reports call for hurricane force winds for 6 to 8 hours Mon night. Jon should stay put - NYC will be shut down if this develops as predicted. I was in the Blizzard of '66 in Upstate NY. Got 66" of snow in 24 hours with drifts 15 + feet. Not a good thing.

Comment

My father grew up just across the NY border in the Berkshire mountains of MA, he remembers the same storm, said that you truly couldn't tell where his parents cars where parked and he put a dent in his fathers car door trying to shovel it out. 66" is just amazing.

Comment

Loved the comment about the scarf! Jon should probably stay put. Hopefully all goes smooth for your mom and dad.

Comment

Thanks, LOL I'm still laughing at myself for that one.

Comment

Good Luck!
                      Gary, how much are you expecting in your area?
                      A friend north east of Philly is looking at 8 - 12, depending on how fast it moves.

Comment

Good Luck!
                        Gary, the main thing that triggers a heart attack is breathing in
                        cold air and causing the neck vessels and muscles to constrict. Of course plaque can also cause a heart attack or stroke. Best to breathe through a scarf or even a medical or dust type face mask to warm the air a little before you breathe it in.

Comment

Sounds like a Yuppy or lite in the Loafers??

Hope all ends well for you & yours.

Comment

Jimbo, in answer to your question under comments, my neighborhood will get between 12 and 16 inches. The storm is moving north including parts of Maine and Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada also. New York City and Boston should get the most of the snow and wind.

Here is the new Monday morning map.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Luck!
                              Jimbo, good point and senior people sometimes over do it when shoveling snow. When we were kids we went door to door to shovel snow for money. We would shovel snow from sun up to snow down. We came home beat and exhausted with loads of cash in our pockets.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to topic
                                by FirstBubba
                                You can only float the gears if the central processing unit rpm matches the hard drive ratio.
                                Double clutching also works if you find the sound...
                                Today, 07:42 PM
                              • topic
                                by jhjimbo
                                08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
                              • Reply to topic
                                by franchi20
                                Pick edit at the bottom of your post; choices will show up in a bar and include "delete". That will do what you want. Just for fun, l purposely...
                                Today, 07:03 PM
                              • Reply to Looking for a grain mill.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Back in the mid 80's, I was working as a rough carpenter in Dallas.
                                Showed up for work one morning and there was this dirty, longhaired, ragged...
                                Today, 06:45 PM
                              • Looking for a grain mill.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Recently found a local "niche" market for home ground whole wheat flour and cornmeal.
                                I have one grain mill, but a second would mean I...
                                08-06-2022, 04:34 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X