Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are or did you all fair so far in the blizzard? Hope everyone is well. It started here at about 3 a.m. The wind is howling up around 40 mph it's 10 degrees out and snowing hard. Weatherman you finally got one right!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are or did you all fair so far in the blizzard? Hope everyone is well. It started here at about 3 a.m. The wind is howling up around 40 mph it's 10 degrees out and snowing hard. Weatherman you finally got one right!!

How are or did you all fair so far in the blizzard? Hope everyone is well. It started here at about 3 a.m. The wind is howling up around 40 mph it's 10 degrees out and snowing hard. Weatherman you finally got one right!!

I watched Fox News this morning and they said the weathermen blew it.
    It is no a historical record storm as stated. The New York City mayor commented during his press release, it could be the worst NYC blizzard ever. I think the heavy part of the storm is hanging over the Atlantic Ocean. I wouldn't be out there on a Lobster Boat today. LOL

My neighborhood went from 12 to 16 inches of snow expected, down to 2 to 4 inches of snow. It's not worth bringing the snow blower out.
    Sorry PHW, but I have to disagree. The weather newscasters blew it this time.
    I also heard on the news that Maine and Massachusetts is getting the worst of it. Possible 18 to 24 inches with high winds.
    Good Luck! I hope your family is safe and warm.

Comment

Sounds like they got the intensity more or less correct, they just had to change the impact area. Its Boston getting slammed instead of NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        It is no a historical record storm as stated. The New York City mayor commented during his press release, it could be the worst NYC blizzard ever. I think the heavy part of the storm is hanging over the Atlantic Ocean. I wouldn't be out there on a Lobster Boat today. LOL

My neighborhood went from 12 to 16 inches of snow expected, down to 2 to 4 inches of snow. It's not worth bringing the snow blower out.
        I also heard on the news that Maine and Massachusetts is getting the worst of it. Possible 18 to 24 inches with high winds.

Thanks Gary- I suppose it was our local weather man who got it correct. We started getting snow around 3 am and have over a foot already, some places are drifted 3-4 feet with all the wind. It'll get worse before it gets better. Glad you got less than expected. It may be pretty to watch fall but sure is a pain for days to follow.

Comment

It's going to be big here!
          Attached Files

Comment

30 ft seas at cashes ledge by the way Gary. Good call on no lobster boat.

Comment

Originally posted by seth trudeau View Post
              Seth that looks similar to here. Guess Mr. Dougfir was right they got the location wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
                Sounds like they got the intensity more or less correct, they just had to change the impact area. Its Boston getting slammed instead of NYC.
                Good call on boston getting pounded, Seth's back deck looks like he best break out the shovel!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

Gary, you said it - the storm stayed out over the ocean, farther out and impact moved to the north. The barometric pressure drop was still significant. NYC dodged one this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
                    30 ft seas at cashes ledge by the way Gary. Good call on no lobster boat.
                    LOL plus one

Comment

Originally posted by seth trudeau View Post
                      Seth, nice photo. You and PHW got your work cut out for you. The wind could put a four foot snow drift on top of your driveway or sidewalk. Good Luck Guys in digging, blowing or plowing out!

Comment

There is about an inch or two of snow here, a small fraction of what was predicted. School was closed before the first flakes even started flying. Blustery though.

Comment

Originally posted by steve182 View Post
                          There is about an inch or two of snow here, a small fraction of what was predicted. School was closed before the first flakes even started flying. Blustery though.
                          I think were right on track for the pounding we're forecasted for. I suppose you might be grateful for the near miss!

Comment

Here in the Great Southwest, we're expecting near record highs (70°+F), light winds and clear skys!
                            Great day for cutting firewood or just getting out!
                            Me 'n "Bigdog" going for a walk later.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                              Here in the Great Southwest, we're expecting near record highs (70°+F), light winds and clear skys!
                              Great day for cutting firewood or just getting out!
                              Me 'n "Bigdog" going for a walk later.
                              I'll give you 250 a cord delivered Bubba! And bring some dang good weather with you!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Looking for a grain mill.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Back in the mid 80's, I was working as a rough carpenter in Dallas.
                                Showed up for work one morning and there was this dirty, longhaired, ragged...
                                Today, 06:45 PM
                              • Looking for a grain mill.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Recently found a local "niche" market for home ground whole wheat flour and cornmeal.
                                I have one grain mill, but a second would mean I...
                                08-06-2022, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to topic
                                by Danbo
                                I have erased topics I decided not to keep up.
                                We're just having fun,
                                This is also the most interesting topic currently going in my opini...
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • topic
                                by jhjimbo
                                08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
                              • Reply to TGIF; Any Questions?
                                by franchi20
                                Mein Gott! 37 years.
                                Today, 05:38 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse