Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody ever been bitten or attacked by a pet dog or any other type of wildlife in the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody ever been bitten or attacked by a pet dog or any other type of wildlife in the woods?

Has anybody ever been bitten or attacked by a pet dog or any other type of wildlife in the woods?

I was working in a customer’s kitchen and the six year old child open up the bedroom door. A large white muscular Pitbull dog came running toward me in attack mode. The child’s mother grabs the dog’s collar and both went crashing onto the kitchen floor a few feet away.
    The seventeen year old daughter came running into the kitchen to assist the mother. I was scared stiff and stood there like a deer in the head lights.

I found out later that the same Pitbull dog bite the heating contractor and the policeman who showed up at the house the same day to assist the heating guy.

Before I enter a stranger’s house now to work, I ask the following questions.

1. Do you have a dog?

2. Does the dog bite?

3. Is he in a secure location?

4. Can a child in the house release the dog?

Comment

was bitten once by a "dead" squirrel in my early years of hunting. Still carry the scar on my left index finger.

Comment

When jogging,20 years ago, I was bit by a dog that got off the chain. There was a lot of rabies at that time, in one of the cyclic surges and made me apprehensive for sure. After a visit to the ER, the M.D. himself called he cops, Together we went to the owners house and the dog was back on the chain.

When the cop when to the door of the owner (Ok the owners brother). The jerk actually admitted beating his sisters dog. What a jackass. The wring one was on the chain.

Comment

I was bitten by a squirrel while feeding it peanuts.

Comment

Just a wild kitten with a broken back once. Made my hand swell quite a bit.

Comment

I had a guy try to "sic" his German Shepherd on me when I went to his Father's house to serve a warrant on his brother. When I leveled my S&W Model 19 .357 Mag at the dog telling him it would die quickly he retrieved the dog and tied it up and I served the warrant on his brother and took him to jail. I told him he was lucky I didn't charge him with obstructing justice.

Comment

I've been bitten a couple of times by aggressive pets, but nothing that ever broke the skin.

Comment

Gary, in my Blake Edwards sick twisted mind all I could think of was the home owner saying "but that isn't my dog" Sorry I could not help it.
                  Yes, I was attacked and bitten several times by a neighbors dog when I was 14, it was a collie! Go figure. I have had a lot of dogs over the years, pure breeds and mixes, German Shepard, Pit Bulls(several), English Setters,Springer Spaniels(English and American), Labs, and my wife's yappers(but they don't count in my book), I have found that aggressiveness is due to either two things, poor training and illness. The collie that attacked me later attacked a small child and was put down, they found the dog had advance cancer which caused the aggression. I have had a pit/German Shepard mix that was the least aggressive dog I ever owned, I believe it is in the training. The most important thing a dog owner need to do when they are having a contractor work on their home is secure all pets a way from where the work is being done, not just for the workers safety, but also the animals. Tools and equipment can be interesting to a dog but dangerous, and supplies(caulk,Spackle)can be poisonous and require huge clean. Years ago I did service work in residences and although I like to see the owners pets after I was done with my work, I did not want them to get in the way while I was working.

Comment

RJ Arena, most dogs and cats I encounter in homes are nice animals. They want you to pet them or play with them. They do get in the way when you’re trying to work.

I was lying down making a repair near the floor and two small friendly Pug dogs climbed up on top of me. Both just stood there like I was a giant surf board.
                    It was funny and I wish I had a photo.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                      by franchi20
                      I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                      Today, 07:40 PM
                    • Debate #2: new rules
                      by FirstBubba
                      New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                      The "Biden Campaign"!...
                      10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                    • Reply to What's after Trump?
                      by franchi20
                      Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                      Today, 07:34 PM
                    • What's after Trump?
                      by FirstBubba
                      No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                      There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                      Today, 01:46 PM
                    • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                      by fitch270
                      The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                      Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X