Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Got down to -13F last night in Ohio. (record was -7 in 1924) This AM bright and sunny and about 2 F, with a little wind, should go up to about 7 F today. By the weekend we will be in the 40's

Comment

A script from the movie Groundhog Day.

D. J. 1- Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

D. J. 2- It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?

D. J. 1- Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing.

D. J. 2- [mockingly] That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"

D. J. 1- Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting.

D. J. 2- Especially cold!

D. J. 1- Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips...

D. J. 2- On their chapped lips...

D. J. 1- On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow?

D. J. 2- Punxsutawney Phil!

D. J. 1- That's right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's...

D. J. 1 and D. J. 2- [in unison] GROUNDHOG DAY!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAj4DHLO1ow

Comment

It got up to 80 degrees here in Southern California yesterday!

Comment

Drudge has a link to a snowy owl spotted in Florida. 400 ppm co2 and snowys are seen for the third time in history in Florida. Paging Algore!!

Comment

Awoke to somewhat of a record here in NY. Turns out it was the fourth coldest spot on planet Earth. Went outside and became a believer.

Comment

Warmer in Alaska than here in NW Arkansas

Comment

I just got off the phone with a friend in Northern MN. He said it has been snowing heavy for a day and it is up over your waist. Temperature is falling like a rock and almost gale force winds. The wife has done nothing but stand there looking through the kitchen window, he says if it gets much worse he may have to let her in.

Comment

Here in SW Alabama it is-----
                  Colder than a well digger's belt buckle.
                  Colder than a witch's heart.
                  Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass pool table.
                  Far colder than the temperatures to which I am accustomed. I'm working the fireplace overtime and am glad I cut more firewood that I thought I needed. Hasn't gotten more than two degrees above freezing for the third day in a row. Treestand, Santa and I ain't used to this and it makes our old bones shiver.

Comment

I am going ice fishing Thursday. it will be nice to do something outside besides chores for once. Ive been staying inside as much as I can for the last couple days. right now ( 4:40 pm 1-7-14 ) the temp is 3 degrees. brrrr is right.

Comment

It is almost dark and about 50 ducks just flew by, looking for some place to land. They won't find any open water as it is 7 F right now. A short ways away is a pond with a lot of food around it so maybe they will find it. I could not tell what they were as it was too dark. They were on the small size.

Comment

It got down to around 3 degrees last night here in Georgia, it may have even dipped below zero in some places. That is the coldest it has been in 20 years here, surprisingly everyone is handling it quite well. In fact I'm even enjoying it a little, but it could use a little snow, no fun freezing if you can't play in it!

Comment

But it is supposed to get back up into the 70's during the weekend.

Comment

The only plus side I can think of to this cold here in PA is that I hope it will reduce the tick population. Our recent mild winters has allowed an explosion of the tick population. I never saw a tick when I was young. It was about 1975 before I saw my first one. It was a woods tick, not those little deer ticks.

Comment

Mr. PA I hope you're right but we had a horrible tick problem in Maine over the last 12-15 years. Cold winters hadn't helped us as of yet...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad