Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know, there is all of these stories of women in big cities, where they can't own guns, getting kidnapped, assaulted, raped a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    Massad Ayoob recommends Raid Wasp and Hornet spray for folks living where Mace is prohibited.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    H. Myles
    A big "ATTAGIRL" to your feminine friend!
    Not all women are shrinking violets!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    H. Myles
    A big "ATTAGIRL" to your feminine friend!
    Not all women are shrinking violets!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    With Mayor Doomberg in charge in the Big Apple, I see a shot of pepper spray to the face of an assailant as a huge lawsuit with the intended victim becoming just another innocent victim of a hard core liberal system!

"Dead men tell no tales."

Leave a comment:

• Clay Cooper
    replied
    In some locals carrying any deterrent regardless of how nonlethal it is is against the there law as if you had a gun in New York City

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I asked four female associates if they owned pepper spray. Two responded yes, but kept it at home where it would be safe. Think of that . Worried about the well being of their pepper spray. One always carried her can, she also has three martial arts black belts , even junk yard dogs slink furtively away when she approaches.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Carl - I stand corrected. In 1996, New York became the last state to legalize pepper spray, over the objections of Mayor Giuliani.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dcast I hear what you are saying. The only problem with a stun gun is you have to be within arms reach and facing you opponent. Attacks are usually done suddenly and from behind.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Gary very true; but it is never a walk down at High Noon on Main Street.
    I can only speak of my own expedience. I worked for NY Tel in the early 70's. I will try to be PC. My companies answer to a sketchy neighborhood was an additional man. These places were refereed to as a "Two Man Area". They would temp hire some young kid to chaperon. Myself I would only carry my pass and some lunch money. Something I could easily give up.

So here is the scenario. It is July on a very hot day. My partner and I are on a crowded uptown street on a block that we stood out. Up walk two gentlemen carrying an umbrella. They then showed us that in the umbrella was a sawed off shotgun. The youngster threw up his hand to which the two locals exclaimed "you think this is a stagecoach robbery put down your [email protected]#$king hands and give us the money". I had to laugh. I lost $4.00 the kid lost more money and pictures of his past and present girl friends.
    So the moral is you can not beat them to the draw and you won't see it coming.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    I agree with Carl on the situational awareness and both being for the most part worthless but regardless you have a better chance with either so I advocate carrying any or all. I bought my wife a stun gun that she does not carry that I wish she did, but myself and friends tested it out and I say a stun gun is the best. It put me on my knees in no time. The down fall to pepper spray is drift, not only do you get your attacker but will probably get yourself which defeats the purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    If I were a woman in a crime ridden city, I would pack some kind of heat.

Like the saying goes "It better to face a jury of twelve then to be carried to your grave by six".

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Treestand I have not heard of any attacks around here. They are sort of generic items on the news.
    As far as NY goes you can look at the stats ever since 911 there is a large police and military presence. Not to mention the surveillance cameras.The fact of the matter there has been so many stop & frisks that is what is in the local news.
    Times Square is not the old Time Square since Disney moved in. The Fulton Fish market is not the same since Giuliani and 125 street is upscale since Clinton put his offices there. Not the NY you saw in the movies

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Carl: Is it still TRUE that Woman wear NO Gold or Silver Jewelry at ALL and Men do the same when traveling on the Subways and North of B-Way?? What area are the knock-out Attacks taking place? thank God its has not happened here Yet! With most folks here are carrying a "Roscoe".

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    99; I have to differ stun guns are illegal pepper spray is not. The problem is most people do not posses a situation awareness and criminals are skilled and studied in their attacks. Most times a gun is of no use. Case in point these knock out attacks as of late.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    99; I have to differ stun guns are illegal pepper spray is not. The problem is most people do not posses a situation awareness and criminals are skilled and studied in their attacks. Most times a gun is of no use. Case in point these knock out attacks as of late.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad