Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State-Michigan may have the hype. Army-Navy may have the pageantry. But when it comes to good old-fashioned college footbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    Let me hasten to add that none of the games played in Mobile were against Auburn.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I just checked Wikipedia, and they report that Ladd-Peebles Stadium hosted the Tide for 19 games from 1948 through 1968, with the Tide winning ten games and losing seven with two ties.
    Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Barnaby Wylde
    replied
    Auburn is going to run the ball and beat up the Tide's defensive line and linebackers?

What kind of a person does the same thing repeatedly and expects the results to vary?

RFT!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Gary,

You are showing your ignorance about Alabama football stadiums and games. No sh**, Sherlock! Where the Hell else would Bryant-Denny Stadium be located? Cramton Bowl is in Montgomery, Alabama. Tide played Auburn there 3 times, 1893, 1894, and 1900. No, those are not typos! No record of them EVER playing in Mobile. So what is your point there?

"Home" team alternated every year played at Legion Field and most of the Auburn fans didn't even have a car. See, most of you Yankees don't know sh** from Shinola.

RTR

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    An Auburn Tigers fan and an Alabama Crimson Tide fan were driving along when all of a sudden the Auburn fan slams on the brakes. There was a sheep with her head stuck in the fence and the Auburn fan said "We Tigers never pass up an opportunity like this!" And he gets out and has his way with the sheep. Then he says to the Crimson Tide fan, "Your turn"...And the Crimson Tide fan bends over and sticks his head in the fence.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    An Auburn student ventriloquist was making fun of Alabama Fans with his dummy at a bar. Then an angry Alabama fan stood up, rolled up his sleeves, and yelled, "I resent that!" The ventriloquist started apologizing... The Bama fan looked at him and said, "You stay outta this, I'm talking to the guy on your lap!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I just finished reading an article in today's paper that said Nick Saban's salary is $5.4 million per year. Yikes!
    That makes him the nation's highest-paid college football coach. The tide had better roll!

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Mah ole Daddy and Brother wuz Auburn football players.

Neanderthals, the both of 'em.

University of Alabama, class of 1971.

Kick the sheeit out of 'em, Bama!

RTR

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Auburn is the #3 rushing team and Alabama has the #4 rush defense.
    I'll take the points (10.5 - 11 at the moment).

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    BTW, the home field college controls the ticket sales to game.

Alabama fans drove 57 miles to Birmingham.

Auburn fans drove 109 miles to Birmingham, if they got a ticket to game.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied

HOME FIELD advantage for their Crimson Tide Football Fans from 1929;

1. Bryant-Denny Stadium located in Tuscaloosa open in 1929 and that is where the Alabama campus is located.

2. Legion Field nicknamed “Old Gray Lady” located in Birmingham, Alabama.

3. Ladd Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Alabama opened in 1948.

4. Cramton Bowl opened in 1922 and is located Birmingham, Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• LostLure
    replied
    Bama better win, otherwise that team from Ohio will be in the national championship game. Michigan does not have the offense to put the hammer down on them.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    BTW, Gary, your factoid is incorrect. Most of the Ala-Aub games prior to 1989 were played at Legion Field in Birmingham, a neutral site, which is owned by the City of Birmingham Parks and Recreation Board which is in no way affilliated with either school. Just because Bama won 34-18-1 there doesn't mean it was home field advantage. Legion Field is 57 miles away from the University of Alabama campus in one of the worst neighborhoods in B'ham.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    I just have to ask WTH does a Yankee know about Crimson Tide football! LOL! Just kidding, of course.

Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer, Tide by 21.

RTR,

WAM, Bama '81

Leave a comment:

• ALJoe
    replied
    War Eagle! It'll be a great game no matter which team wins. This is one I'd be afraid to bet on.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad