Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State-Michigan may have the hype. Army-Navy may have the pageantry. But when it comes to good old-fashioned college footbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked Wikipedia, and they report that Ladd-Peebles Stadium hosted the Tide for 19 games from 1948 through 1968, with the Tide winning ten games and losing seven with two ties.
    Just sayin'.

Comment

Let me hasten to add that none of the games played in Mobile were against Auburn.

Comment

Wow, somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
        It has never been my style to name call, hair pull or mud sling. We are all adults, lets be nice.

Ladd-Peebles Stadium is in Mobile, Alabama and the Crimson Tide had home field advantage there against every team they played in that stadium during that twenty year time period.

99explorer thank you for that point of information correcting Wam who didn’t remember Alabama games being played in Mobile, Alabama.

Wam, thanks for the city correction on the Cramton Bowl located in Montgomery, Alabama.

Wam, your second comment, first sentence above you stated Legion Field in Birmingham, Alabama was a neutral site during the Alabama and Auburn games. I remember Alabama having the home field advantage at Legion Field and control the ticket sales. Am I right or incorrect?

Comment

Ah'll go so fur as to admit that Mobile is mah home town and it is a big Bama stronghold.But me and WAM are Westerners now. He lives about 300 miles from here.Reckon we'z cowboys now...

Howdy, howdy!

Comment

99, I'm glad you corrected yourself since Bama has never played Auburn in Mobile. You boys that depend on Wikipedia for everything should realize that anyone can update or add to Wikipedia. Did y'all vote for Obama because Wiki said so?

Comment

Gary, we were talking about the Iron Bowl. Bama did play one game per year in Ladd Stadium during those years, but not Auburn. You are incorrect about controlling ticket sales at Legion Field. They were split 50/50 during the series played there until Auburn moved their home games to Jordan-Hare Stadium on campus in 1989. Funny how you lads who never went to Alabama nor grew up there know so damn much about Alabama football. Y'all must have taken some correspondence courses from ICS or Auburn.... LOL!

Comment

I found a newspaper article dated 1988 about Legion Field and how Alabama Crimson Tide has a big advantage on ticket sales from 1988 till today.

Some player and coaches have said loud noisy fans are like a twelfth man on the field.

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1842&dat=19881125&id=YsQhAAAAIBAJ&s jid=jZ0FAAAAIBAJ&pg=4224,4726725

Comment

My list was showing that Alabama had four home field locations.
                  I have no idea what teams played at what location.

I quoted this from the link below “The Auburn fans might tell you that’s partially because the Crimson Tide enjoyed home-field advantage for four decades“.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

collegefootball.about.com/od/rivalries/a/riv-ironbowl.htm

Comment

WAM- what part of B-HAM are you from? I lived in Fultondale for just shy of a year, but would have preferred to live out nearer T-town in some place like Vance. Fultondale seemed to be too close to city life.

Comment

WAM - You should have a banjo tattooed on your knee!

Comment

PHW

Grew up in Lipscomb, now part of the metro 'hood. Lived adult years in unincorporated Bluff Park, now incorporated into City of Hoover.

I was Crimson Tide born and Crimson Tide bred,
                        When I die I'll be Roll Tide dead!

Comment

Gary Devine,

Auburn fans will tell you anything to make excuses for losses. See, they have to be lying since Auburn has been the "home team" at their house half the time since 1989. Maybe Alabama fans had an advantage on tickets since the Auburn elite could only afford one ticket per household? You tell me?

Let's see...15 national titles or 2 national titles...hmmm

Comment

99-

Maybe a tattoo of a rooster in a noose on the calf.Then he would have a c*ck hanging below the knee...

Comment

I built a house in Hoover and Vestavia Hills. I Did some road house fighting in a bar in Pelham. Our shop and office were downtown, like I said, I'm not much for city life. I deer hunted in Warrior and bass fished the Big Warrior river out in Vance. Had some co-workers who went to Auburn and a real good friend who had tickets to all the Roll Tide home games.

Comment

Must have been the Pig n' Whistle?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad