Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great News! The New Jersey Biologists removed the arrow from the head of the live deer that was spotted a week ago. I was incorr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great News! The New Jersey Biologists removed the arrow from the head of the live deer that was spotted a week ago. I was incorr

Great News! The New Jersey Biologists removed the arrow from the head of the live deer that was spotted a week ago. I was incorrect thinking the Bambi Lovers were playing games with media with an altered shop photo picture. I apology to everybody on this website and to the lady farmer who was feeding the deer for thinking the photo was a fraud or a hoax. I still can’t understand why there wasn’t any dry up blood on the deer’s face or how the arrow didn't break or bend? Unbelievable! My first comment has the link of the story.

www.dailyrecord.com/article/20131108/NJBIZ/311080043

Comment

Looks like a "Zwicki" broadhead. Once considered THE ultimate broadhead.

Comment

In a world when any kid with a computer in his Mom's basement can be George Lukas. A rush to judgment is easier than it used to be. Myself, I witnessed a Seagull with an arrow in it's wing. It could fly and fold it's wing with no apparent discomfort. I told my brother who dismissed it at first. Let's just be happy for the lady who took an interest.

Comment

Great job to the New Jersey Fish and Wildlife!
          They hunted for three afternoons for the wounded deer to appear at the food pile.

They also made a great shot with the tranquilizer dart and for administering first aid on the young button buck.

I wonder what the head injury will do to the future development of antlers? The buck could be a huge non typical in the future.

Comment

I didn't doubt that it was real, because even if the picture were a photoshop job, the probability of such a bad shot on a deer ranked very high in my mind.
            I'm glad there was a happy ending.

Comment

So glad they got that out. Glad everybody in the situation worked together and fixed the problem.

Comment

I too thought it was a photo shop, but since it did turn out to be real it's good to see someone stepped in to help the deer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad