Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In this months issue there is a knife that you can make from a hack saw blade and is wondering were i can find it. Because my wi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this months issue there is a knife that you can make from a hack saw blade and is wondering were i can find it. Because my wi

In this months issue there is a knife that you can make from a hack saw blade and is wondering were i can find it. Because my wife thru my copy away. our you can email it to me at [email protected]

There are two sizes of hacksaw blades that are available. Small ( everyday ) and large ( industrial )Both can be had at any good tool store. The best in my opinion would be the large but it will be harder to find. Could be you may have to order it.

Comment

Any hardware store would have hack-saw blades. The common ones are 1/2 inch wide, and around 20 inches long. They are nice and stiff, and wouldn't flex a whole lot. About the industrial blades, I've never seen them at a hardware store, so I can't help much. I'm planning on making myself one soon.

Comment

Divorce her. How dare she.

Comment

i don't believe he's asking for a hacksaw blade guys. he wants to know where to find another article. libraries always get magazines..FieldandStream is one of the most popular hunting magazines out there. I would go to a local library and look for one. If your buddies get the magazine, i would ask to borrow theirs. shane=your answers are half-a$$ed.

Comment

also bswecker, if i was you i wouldn't be giving out my email on such a public forum like this. keep it a little private. there's really no way to keep it completely private on here though. which is something that we SHOULD, and don't have. just be careful what you say. no harm done.

Comment

Seen the idea in the magazine, looks like a fun project, I may have to try.

Comment

Man, I'm glad I don't have to feel your pain... that's horrible

Comment

Check out this website: http://m4040.com/Survival/10_Cent_Survival_Knife/10_Cent_Survival_Knife.htm

this guy has all sorts of stuff on survival, guns, knives, etc. Here was his way how to make the knives, and what he used. That website is good.

Comment

I have made several. Fun to make and customize. I used the half inch blades, but bigger would work better.

Comment

Go to your local library!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad