Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

other than the mind what tools are importiant in surving and how do you use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other than the mind what tools are importiant in surving and how do you use them?

other than the mind what tools are importiant in surving and how do you use them?

Youll need a good knife. It has over a billion uses, from cuttin wood for a shelter to slicin bread.
    Be sure to get a good top qualiy one. I carry Gerber's LMF II. It costs about 130$, but you could find a good deal for one on Ebay for about 80-100$.
    Youll also need some waterproof matches, I use military issue ones, found in MREs or at a army-navy store. Some flint and extra matches are great too.
    A medical kit.
    And some TP!!!! napkinz will work to. be sure you have LOTS

Comment

A compas, because with out one you'd never be able to find your way out. That is of course if you had studied your maps before going out.

Comment

A knife, something to start a fire, layers of clothes, something to signal (mirror/flare/etc)

Comment

A knife for making a shelter and defending yourself, a compass to steer you in the right direction, rope to hold your shelter together or climb up and down objects, and a flint to start a fire.

Comment

In order of importance. (not including electronics or navigational aids (GPS, Locator beacon, Compass, Maps, etc..) )

1.Water

2.A way to start a fire

3.Shelter

4. Food

5. Tools in order of importance

a. Firearm
            b. Knife
            c. Hatchett/ax
            d. Wire/string/rope/fishing line
            e. fishing kit
            f. First aid supplies
            g. Emergency blanket/small tarp

Comment

A walking stick. I use a 4 foot long, 1 inch hardwood dowel from the hardware store. It makes rough terrain, creek bottoms and poisonous snakes easier to deal with. On the forward swing, I try to bounce the end of the stick off the ground in front of my feet. The sound or the movement of the stick tells me a lot about what is under the leaf litter ahead. A sharp tap usually means the ground is solid. If the end slides or makes a squishy sound, then there is mud. A dull or hollow thud could mean a void or loose rock (very important around cliffs). I also learned how to fashion a simple hand grip by hitching paracord around the dowel. It provides a secure, slip resistant handle as well as 30 feet of cord for emergency use.

Comment

i'm not trying to be rude but if you dont know what to put in your own survival kit you should probably first do some research on survival.your personel survival kit should contain the items YOU need to provide shelter,fire,clean water,first aid,as well as signaling and navigation aids(not including gps,cell phone).personally i think a knife is the most important.also dont forget any personel medictions.

Comment

A flint you just scrape off magnesium shavings and light them with the other side.A compass to find which ways are north east south and west.A flare so people can find you.And last but not least a knife which you can use for protection or hunting or making a shelter.

Comment

A knife is a lifesaver which can help you with getting food,making shelter,and if you have a striker then you'll need a knife to strike it.You'll need a water cleaning device,first aid kit,and a fire starter device (I don't recommened matches or lighters). Another good thing to have is a empty coffee can (the one with a handle)so you can put everything in it.

Comment

A realy good thing to have is 550 cord or parachute cord. Its ranks right up there with duct tape for me. If you pull the small inside cords out you have great fishing line. It burns like a candle, and its supper tuff and can handle allot of weight. I've made a hamock, rifle sling, and used it to keep a poncho up like a tent over my sleeping bag. You can make a small bracelet with it that contains almost 10 feet, that way you always got some on hand.

Comment

Good knife, multitool, lighter( I prefer zippos) water purifiers, trail mix or power bars, firearm and plenty of ammo, waterproof flashlight and batteries, strike any where matches, a good book or magazine to occupy you, maps and compass, a dog.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                          by rock rat
                          Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                          Today, 10:59 AM
                        • 16 Years
                          by jhjimbo
                          So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                          Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                        • Reply to More Bad News....
                          by dewman
                          Had a big long post typed half dozen times but I just won't discuss losing my dogs. Doubt I ever will. I know what you're feeling, I am sorry for your...
                          Today, 10:55 AM
                        • More Bad News....
                          by WA Mtnhunter
                          My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                          07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                        • Reply to More Bad News....
                          by jhjimbo
                          So sorry for your loss....
                          Today, 10:40 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X