Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was just wondering what you all keep in your survival packs/bug out bags. In mine I have a large amount of matches in a watert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just wondering what you all keep in your survival packs/bug out bags. In mine I have a large amount of matches in a watert

I was just wondering what you all keep in your survival packs/bug out bags. In mine I have a large amount of matches in a watertight container, flint and steel, magneisium fire starters, basic fishing gear, 3 multi tools, one large bowie knife with a waterproof, hollow handle, 5 liters of water(to keep it light i only have a small amount) dry fire starters, pencil and paper, toilet paper, multiple compasses, multiple whistles, garbage bags, ziplock bags, lots of rope, needles and thread, candles(about 6) flashlight with backup batteries, simple eating utensals, and a few clean cans(to use as pots). What am I forgetting?

I didn't see any first aid/medical supplies. If you are wanting to be prepared for a range of things you need to have at least some rudimentary medical supplies, for aches, pains, and sprains at least. You can go up from there to include quick clot and bandages.

Comment

I do have some stuff for small wounds or sprains but you are right I should get some more medical supplies. Thanks

Comment

Some bedding material, like a small throw or blanket.

Comment

If this bag is to have should you need to leave your domicile for a unknown destination for a unknown length of time, you may want to have some money, some kind of firearm with ammo, important papers, prescription drugs, water purification means, space blanket, bug repellent, spare socks and clothes, sun screen and sun glasses. Just some ideas to add the the above. jim

Comment

Thanks guys unfortunately I can't have a gun in it but I forgot to mention I keep a slingshot with lots of steel bbs, and a little bit of bug repellent. I will add some of your ideas to it.

Comment

JMO~~ $Cash$ $Money$ is very important When All Power is out and ATMs don't work Gold and Cash is KING.

Comment

I would suggest just taking a steel/flint & maybe just the mag. fire starters get rid of the rest if it's taking space. Drop 2 multi tools. Add bandages, triple antibiotic cream, toothbrush & paste, hand sanitizer, travel soap, etc... hygiene is the most important thing in a survival situation. Without proper hygiene all the gadgets in the world mean nothing when your hand, foot, arm, mouth, etc... is infected. Drop the water (unnecessary weight) and get water purifying instrument. One water purifying instrument purifies more water than you can carry, all in a small item the size of a 20oz bottle or smaller. Pain relievers are a necessity. Extra prescription drugs if necessary. Fishing line preferably braid and tackle. There is a lot more you really need if serious about a BOB if you really want to be prepared. I'd suggest thinking more about it and reading more on it. I think I suggested to visiting willowhavenoutdoors.com to you before this guy knows his stuff. I'm not a prepper and don't own a BOB but if I did I would follow this guys info, he seems to be extremely knowledgeable on anything survival. I went through his entire site just to read and learn, and learn I did. He's not one of those guys to tell you to carry a 1000 rounds each of shotgun shells and handgun rounds along with 20 gallons of water in your BOB and expect you to carry further than your front door. Seriously just go to his sight you won't be disappointed.

Comment

zip ties, carabiners,some type of water purification,gloves, spare wool socks,spare glasses/sunglasses,tweezers,duct tape(roll the tape on top of itself so there is on cardboard tube),mirror(for signaling and medical,inspecting your face for injury)

Comment

Thanks guys will be adding many of the things you suggested. Thanks

Comment

I would make sure to bring bug spray and pepper spray as well as an emergency blanket.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad