Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i was told to go out snipe hunting with a pillow case and make clucking sounds and they will run to you. what if alot of snipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffery Michael Butler
    replied
    Yeah its a wetlands bird, they were on that into the wildlife show with that jack guy years ago, but only legal to hunt with a long bow or shotgun

Leave a comment:

• afyffe8600
    replied
    lol i just heard about this from a friend, funny to see it on here

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Rehbein
    replied
    I was telling a friend about a "snipe hunt" and how there is an actual snipe. When I came across this post I just thought it was a little amusing that in Field and Stream how many did not know it was a real bird. Anyone that reads their waterfowl hunting regulations would know. I would hate to think of how many people actually go hunting and don't read the regulations.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with ishawooa and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bella22
    replied
    Im sorry to tell you this but you've been pranked.(Dont feel to bad.I fell for it too) There is a real bird and can be hunted but Im guessing,because of the pillow case, that this is just a practical joke.
    By the way, like BigO said....WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jere Smith
    replied
    Ish, Bella, ya'll are ornery critters!

Leave a comment:

• coho310
    replied
    Oh,snipes are real birds alright,but I think a 22. seems more practical, but a pillowcase seems really ecomomical,way to go!(the crackling sounds are bull,cover yourself in peanut butter instead,and so it doesn't get ruined,leave the realtree at home).

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Paproski
    replied
    That sounds like a trick for newbie hunters. Never take your eyes off of your partners.

Leave a comment:

• churro73
    replied
    you man up

snipe hunting is a prank

Leave a comment:

• Elliott Balthazor
    replied
    The easiest way to hunt snipes is to climb up in a tree with a bucket and a stick. after you're up there start beating the side of the buckett while yelling snipe.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Brilliant post. I'm amused at all the serious, but well meaning replies. I'm going to go check my traps for sasquatch now. They have a 16 month gestation period and so are currently rutting.

Leave a comment:

• survivorman
    replied
    snipe hunting is not real its fake its a joke its dumb

Leave a comment:

• Bella
    replied
    Them Snipes is soo dangerous, them tiny beaks each pecking off a tiny but excruciating piece of flesh from you tenders. You get hit by a snipe migration and you are left holding the bags there might not be anything left but your empty boxers (unless you go snipe hunting "commando"). The only safe way is to have somebody else left holding the bag while you hide in a tree far away with a high powered rifle and a night vision scope. Pick the snipes off before they peck the bagger into bloody gobbits of flesh. Then you are a real Sniper fer sure!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Keep you eyes closed...

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    Jackalopes are more fun to hunt unless you encounter a ragging bull which will tear your boots and socks to shreads unless you are a sprinter or quick with a shotgun.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad