Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so I was just reading some answers to a question asked by beekeeper. it was posted 4 years ago, and was about scary things that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I was just reading some answers to a question asked by beekeeper. it was posted 4 years ago, and was about scary things that

so I was just reading some answers to a question asked by beekeeper. it was posted 4 years ago, and was about scary things that happened to people. the one about the dog/hyena/coyote thing is terrifying! I would have probably shot it and ran for my life. also the one about the guy reading the book and things in the book kept happening in real life is scary to. it turns out his friends ( where he was staying) didn't have a copy of the book. scary stuff. what is the scariest thing you have experienced? it doesn't have to be while hunting. I hope nothing like this ever happens to me!

The scariest thing that ever happened to me was when my wife was diagnosed with kidney failure and the second scariest thing was when my doctor told me that my biopsy was positive for cancer. We are both still here, thank God.

Comment

I don't think I can top that country Road! God bless you and you family!

Comment

I have been robbed at gun point (sawed off shotgun) and stuck on the side of a mountain in a driving thunderstorm; in another country twelve hours by car from anyone that I knew. Both of those were life changing and will cause you to become aquainted with the Creator. Fortunately I am here to tell the tale!

Comment

I was once in 40 knot winds and 15 foot seas with a fuel filter that decided to randomly clog. We were 37 miles off shore and it was getting dark, I can actually say that I didn't know if I was gonna be eating diner at home or with the crabs that night. A strange thought came to me, did I leave my keys in my pick-up? Because it's gonna be in the fuel trucks way in the morning. I've always hated to inconvenience someone especially the working man, but I didn't know I would've made it priority...

Comment

While on Patrol We Responded to a call of a "Foul Odder" coming from an Apartment from a Building in lower Manhattan.We thought a dead body? We made entry only to find a Big A$$ 9'Gator running wild in a small apartment!!! Now that will leave skid marks in your SHORTS!!! We called Animal Control for assistance.

Comment

I once went swimming in the ocean with a friend after dark, and we swam so far out that we could no longer hear the waves breaking on the beach.
              There were no lights at the shoreline, so we didn't know which direction to swim to get back to dry land. After discussing it a short while, we disagreed on which direction to swim, and my friend just took off in the direction he thought best. I followed him so we would be together, although I thought he was swimming out to sea.
              It turned out that we were swimming almost parallel to the shoreline with a slight angle toward the beach. We came ashore about a half mile from our clothes.
              I've never done anything like that again.

Comment

I was a medic on a medevac flight with a stop in Tripoly, Libya. We did not know it but Muammar Gaddafi was over throwing our base there. Guys with machine guns boarded the plane, made us take the patients off and took our passports. After detention we loaded the patients and proceeded to Rhine Main Germany. Over the Mediterranean the plane caught fire in the radio power equipment. Finally found the runway in Germany and landed in dense fog. Never flew on that plane again.

Comment

I was a sport parachutist from March 1968 to November 1992. On February 7th, 1970, it was my 33rd jump. I exited at 4500 feet, deployed at 2500 feet. High-speed malfunction of main requiring a breakaway. Had a partial malfunction of reserve. Landed through trees, thankful it was a healthy 35-ft pine and not a stump, and it knocked me out for a few minutes. I was young and flexible (?), didn't break a bone, but I stretched muscles and ligaments and had a minor back injury. Four weeks later, I made my 34th jump, and there was a little pucker factor on that jump.
                  At the time, I perceived myself "lucky" and I had a pattern of that. Seen through the eyes of faith, I'd say the Good Lord planted that tree a generation before, knowing an idiot would need it to break his fall.

Comment

I was driving on a three lane highway during a rain and ice storm. A large van in front of me lost it and went sideways coming right at me. God or my Guardian Angel must have been in my passenger seat because the van missed me by inches. I pulled over up ahead on the highway shoulder because I couldn’t stop shaking.

Comment

I'm afraid some of our most experienced users would not answer a question like this because they could never admit to having been scared by anything.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad