Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the question below from AAM. Of the first three answers, two contained instances where a "Concealed Weapon" was produced, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 14 foot law is just crazy, what if they are pointing a weapon at you and they are 50 feet from you.God bless America and Gun owners.

Comment

As a rule, "brandishing" is legal if you would be justified in shooting. If the circumstances are such that deadly force is justifiable, but then the circumstances change after you have drawn your weapon, such as the surrender of your antagonist, you may hold him at gunpoint without fear of a brandishing charge.
      But if you have drawn your weapon merely to threaten with it, to gain leverage in a dispute, you would be guilty of brandishing.

Comment

Here in Arizona it use to be illegal to brandish your weapon. But in the last couple years a law was past that you could pull your gun to defuse a situation and that would not be considered brandishing.
        Just to comment on one above, if there is an intuder in my home I guess I have always felt that does put me and my family in imanite danger. just me though. and most states with castle doctorine, there only has to be an intruder nothing more.

Comment

I agree DWalker

An intruder in my home best be "right" with God, 'cause I'm going to do my part to see they meet face to face!

Comment

If a perp sees me "brandishing" a sidearm, it will be the next to last thing he sees. The last being the muzzle flash. I was taught by the best to never draw a weapon and point it without firing, pausing only a millisecond to point/aim/fire the second round. "Brandishing" for more than a millisecond gives the perp the opportunity to disarm or kill you.

Comment

WAM, you are not alone in your thinking, however I will have to respectfully dissagree. If a situation can be defused without firing, then it should be. See my first post, and the post in the previous question.

Comment

Thee are scenarios in which the shooter has misjudged a situation and drawn his weapon with intent to shoot.
                If upon realizing his mistake, he withholds his fire, he may or may not be guilty of brandishing, but in either case, it is better than the alternative.

Comment

In my home uninvited? Armed or not, I see them as a threat to me and mine and they will be treated as such! Period!
                  Out in the public? There are a gazillion different scenerios that can arise that would throw the most ardent CCW practioner off!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bi/Tri -pods
                    by PigHunter
                    I only attach a bipod for sight-in and load development at the range. And that's relatively new for me. Previously I've just used sandbags. The bipod...
                    Today, 11:53 AM
                  • Bi/Tri -pods
                    by FirstBubba
                    I've seen bipods on hunting rifles, but always considered them nonessential and cumbersome ... until I started building AR's.
                    A bipod, to me, just...
                    Today, 11:36 AM
                  • Reply to Bi/Tri -pods
                    by Ernie
                    I use bi-pods of all kinds, and I use them so much of the time.
                    Uses?
                    Today, 11:52 AM
                  • Reply to Hunting High Up
                    by PigHunter
                    We have concrete benches at our range and I usually just shoot at 100 yards. May fling a bullet at 200 to check the Nikon Prostaff 5 BDC marks. It's...
                    Today, 11:37 AM
                  • Hunting High Up
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you do hunt high up check out the Weatherby Bsckcountry line. The Mark V is the Cadillac and is still reasonable at around $2500. I have two but have...
                    09-18-2021, 12:06 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X