Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can microfilter waterbottles filter out everything bad like even bacteria, orr do i still need to boil the water.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Lehr
    replied
    another purification process if you have none of the above is, believe it or not, whisky. It can make water completely safe after a given amount of time of course. See the survival issue of the backpacker for more details it's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• mshibbins
    replied
    i would boil just in case. it can't hurt

Leave a comment:

• 6strings
    replied
    I would boil it just to be safe

Leave a comment:

• littledeer_2
    replied
    boil

Leave a comment:

• outdoorsman10
    replied
    Be safer to boil the water aswell. The bottle would do a good job though

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with wyates and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• caleb schultz
    replied
    most can filter everything for the most part so you should be good.

Leave a comment:

• DR angler
    replied
    It depends on the filter type. You should read the instructions and if it doesn't say anything about that then boil it to be safe

Leave a comment:

• faze631
    replied
    not to push my luck but ive used the katadyne pro or whatever the cheapest one is on numerous 4 day camping trips and without boiling ive had nothing but the freshest clearest tasteless water i think ever had. always use your best discresion

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    In this day there is no such as a clean mountain stream. Free ranging cattle on summer range, beavers in their ponds and lodges, etc. Wild water needs to be purified. If you think you are dehydrated now wait until the diahrea does a number on you. Either boil it, treat it for the full three hours to kill the hard shell cysts, or filter it. There are micro filters and there are purifiers, A purifier with a filter of .004 microns will filter out everything viruses and all.

Leave a comment:

• kylepountney
    replied
    boil the water when u can but it wont hurt u to drink straight out of a clean mountain stream

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    To play it safe when you don't have the opportunity to boil, carry a bottle of iodine tablets which purify the water. It adds a different taste to it(which I wouldn't classify as good or bad) but the water is safe.

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    I'd boil it regarless of what the filter said it could do.

Leave a comment:

• mcdlacrosse9
    replied
    You can trust the bottle when you need to but when I have the opportunity I boil the water just in case.

Leave a comment:

• churro73
    replied
    boil anyway just to make sure, better safe then having diarreai.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad