Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was taught in the Army to always carry a peice of extra rope with you. You never know when it would come in handy. In carrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Montoya
    replied
    HOW ABOUT SNOW SNAKES ?

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It's not True?

Leave a comment:

• Dannyjr321
    replied
    nice story but it cant be true

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    That's a new one to me. Good theory though! Unless of coarse it's mating season.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    You got me. I haven't tested it as some have, but I am forced to admit I believed it until listening to you folk.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    I would think that to be a myth, maybe need to submit it to mythbusters. I would think that it would only work if the rope was for some reason warmer or colder than the surrounding air, otherwise I doubt a snake would even know it is there.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    It's not true but sometimes a comforting thought for someone who is afraid and can't sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Where I grew up, cowboys swore if you put a horse hair rope around your bed roll no snake would cross it because of the stiff hairs protruding from the rope. It is pure myth. As a young man to test this theory, I caught several rattle snakes, dropping them inside a hair rope circle, and they would slither out as quick as you could put them in. My audience was sitting on top of various fence posts laughing their heads off. Obviously, I won the bet.

Leave a comment:

• auburn_hunter
    replied
    haven't you all seen the national geographic shows where they have the "mating balls" of snakes? There have to be 20-30 male snakes attempting to mate with a female and it is one big writhing ball. Gives me the heebes just thinking about it. For this reason, I would think this is nothing but a myth.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad