Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best water purifier that is a reasonable price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best water purifier that is a reasonable price.

what is the best water purifier that is a reasonable price.

I use the MSR MiniWorksEX and love it. It is simple, field maintainable and always works. I went with this model because it has a ceramic filter that you scrub clean when it gets clogged, rather than having to carry a replacement paper filter. It works really well, too. I have used it to filter some NASTY water when nothing else was available. Tasted fine and no bugs.

Comment

A fire. I never used chemicals and i never will.

Comment

just boil it, you can even boil it in a plastic bottle, it wont leak or melt through, try it. just hang the bottle from a branch in the tip of the fire and in a little bit youll have safe water.

Comment

I have used most style purifiers- MSR ceramic, Pur, tablets, boil, and a couple other pump styles...they all have their problems...the pumps work great in a nice mountain stream, but clog up too easy in a lake making for a bad situation. The tablets are very cheep and do the job (they are my usual pick) but take a long time and after a few days the taste makes me feel car sick. Boiling is the cheepest, but takes a long time, can be tricky in the middle of the trail and if it is raining that adds another situation in its self. Boiling makes the water also taste flat. Then sometimes you might need to strain it... I would like to see how the straws and water bottles work also the UV lights. But my standby is the tablet

Comment

oh but for a purifier at a reasonable price I would pick the MSR- the old version. the new one looks great, but a little expensive. (look into the water bottles and straws though

Comment

chemicals and boiling are not only the cheapest but also the safest. aside from malfunction and clogging the most filters do not remove all dangers some viruses can still get through.

Comment

I don't know about a reasonable price but an ultraviolet waterpurifier is the alltime best!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad