Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite food to have in your daypack when out hutning all day?? Lunch? Snacks? Beverage???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite food to have in your daypack when out hutning all day?? Lunch? Snacks? Beverage???

What is your favorite food to have in your daypack when out hutning all day?? Lunch? Snacks? Beverage???

I have been on a kick lately of making wraps instead of sandwhiches, using different flavored Tortilla Shells. Add an apple, Granola bar, couple bottles of water, and a few hard candies(root beer barrels, and atomic fire balls as of late) get me through a day in the mountains.

Comment

I always pack a nice thick sammich!
      Then have a few bottles of Gatorade (Im not big into water) and some candy. Also I have candy bars to "kip-up" the energy a little.

Comment

44 ounce King Cobra - extra malt.

Comment

Peanut butter, carrots, raisins, an apple or pear, chocolate, water, and a little mint grizzly.

Comment

beef jerky and root beer

Comment

jerkey, sandwich, few granola bars, and either water or gatorade

Comment

Water, PBB&J, granola bar, and apple usually. But I have taken jerky many times.

Comment

I dont really take snacks, Well no I take that back sometimes I bring nuts because they fill you up quick and for a long time.

Comment

Cheez-it snack mix and diet dr. pepper when fishing, and coffee and venison jerky (love the irony) when deer hunting.

Comment

balogna sandwich, kit kats, and root beer

Comment

I generally tend to bring things that give me energy and the like. Although it varies, generally you can find at least one Clif bar(if not a couple), 2-3 sausage sticks, Spicy peanuts, and a sandwich for lunch. I also try to bring straight water in a bladder pack with a spare bottle of water on my side to mix gatorade powder. That way if I get injured while on a hunt I can use the water to clean out any wounds. If I'm in a hurry or plan on being out ALL day long I grab an MRE and throw it in. Has everything I need 'cept water

Comment

Dry fruit, Jerky, peanuts, water, and small bottle of my honey for energy.

Comment

Red Bull, Gatorade, Packaged Wild Salmon, Cheese and crackers, and deer sausage.

Comment

pudding cup, tea in a flask, and deer jerky

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad