Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is flint better to start a fire than waterproof matches. Because I have figured out it would just be easier to light a match th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for the flint for dependability, as you can never be sure the matches are going to be good at some time down the road and they're a one-shot deal. Matches are easier to use, but I don't trust them.

Comment

I'd have to agree with carrying the matches but i wouldnt be so quick about giving up the flint and steel either, u can use the steel over and over and most of them will work no matter how wet they are

Comment

The Flint will ignite in the wind easier than the matches. Matches are OK. I would rather have the fire steel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad