Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody seen any abbagoochies lately? Did they manage to eradicate them? Ever heard of any attacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen any abbagoochies lately? Did they manage to eradicate them? Ever heard of any attacks?

Anybody seen any abbagoochies lately? Did they manage to eradicate them? Ever heard of any attacks?

If these things are what you see late at night on East Colfax in Denver then there are quite a few still standing. I read in the paper that they attack almost every night and keep the ERs busy there. Looks like they prefer to attack with knives while on dope, and want your money.

Comment

I don't even know what to say to that...

Comment

What tha...?

Comment

way down yonder on the abbagoochie

it gets hotter than a hoochie coochie

hahahahahhaha

i have no idea what youre talking about dude

Comment

OK, apparently very few know about this. Down in WV, this outdoor writer, with the help of a taxidermist, started this huge hoax. The taxidermist put together various animal parts to make a horrid little monster, and the writer put a story out about how they introduced this beast to eradicate coyotes and rattlesnakes. There were some rumors about how it attacked humans, and soon after, West Virginians (believe it or not) were waiting at the bus stop with guns to protect their kids. The DNR (or whatever) there got so many calls that it wasn't funny, and they did for long after this was all debunked. They probably still do. Pretty funny stuff

Check Abbagoochie.com.

Comment

what the **** not a clue what this stuff is.

Comment

If your talkn bout bigfoot then no i havent.

Comment

wow didnt even relize this was like 13 weeks old. haha a lil late i guess

Comment

I didn't know what you were talking about until i went on the web site that shane mentioned. Those things are actually Okeefenokee Swamp Monkeys. My cousin says he knows a dude who was actually bitten by one when he got drunk and ran his boat aground on a little island while he was frog gigging down there. (The dude's wife says he stabbed himself with his own frog gig, but he claims it was a Swamp Monkey.)

Comment

I just visited the link and man those are creepy looking.

Comment

wow

Comment

The abbagoochie (pronounced abba-GOO-cheez) is a fierce little creature resembling a cross between an owl, a fox, and a deer. It is indigenous to Costa Rica, where people refer to it as a "dryland piranha" because it will eat anything, including creatures far larger than itself such as horses and cows. If cornered, an abbagoochie will consume itself "in a devilish whirlwind" rather than allow itself to be captured. They mate only once every 6 ½ years.

In 1999, in an ill-considered move, the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (WVDNR) introduced thirteen baby Abbagoochies from Costa Rica into West Virginia in order to keep down the population of overpopulated predators such as coyotes and rattlesnakes. But soon, as reported by Jim Wilson of the Webster Echo in February 2001, the abbagoochie itself multiplied out of control and began attacking livestock. Soon after Wilson's article appeared, sightings of Abbagoochies began occurring throughout the region. Some farmers began carrying shotguns in order to protect their livestock. Concerned parents walked their kids to the schoolbus to make sure they were safe. And one man reported that he had accidentally run over an abbagoochie.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad