• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should be in my survival kit

what should be in my survival kit

"SPOT" findmespot.com
    Aka as E.P.R.B. “Emergency Personal Radio Beacon”

Comment

small film container with cotton and petrolium jelly rubbed on it. One easy way to get a fire started.

Comment

Matches, compass signal mirror firestater a little flash light and a couple of flares.

Comment

All of the above plus. A whistle, energy bar, emergency foil blanket (folds to 2"). Bottle of water or gatorade

Comment

All of the above, make sure the matches are water-proof. And the steve182 had a great idea with the energy bar. It will give you quick energy when needed.

Comment

Matches, compass signal mirror fire stater a little flash light and a couple of flares.

Comment

If you cary "SPOT" you will not have time to do all that, because your out of there!

Comment

What dose "SPOT" stand for? I would do what every body else said

Comment

I hear "spot" works well and i see that the guy on Man Versus Wild uses it

Comment

for a good survival kit,you not onlyl want to concider what all should go into it but how much space you want it to take up and how much you want it to weigh. if you want just a basic survival kit. i would suggest, a couple of strike anywhere matches,and a small piece of flint incase you are needing to survie longer than your matches do. a couple of zip lock bags to keep your things dry, and to carry water in if need be. i would also suggest a good knife with serrated edge for cutting. i would also take a small tube of anti-septic and a couple of tylonol. most of that stuff would at least help keep you warm, help you build a shelter and keep you from dying of an infection. if you have more room for a bigger survival kit. you could buy a couple of MRE's (Meals ready to Eat) each one has about 2000 calories in them so 3 of them wouold be enough to keep you going to 3 days. and if you have room maybe a good first aid kit with some clotting agent. that could save your life if you were cut very badly and it wouldtn stop bleeding. a couple of other things that i would suggest carrying would be a compass and a map of the area you are going to be in. that way even if you do get turned around you will be able to use these tools and the terrain around you to make it home alive and in time for dinner

Comment

i keep a couple energy bars...some MREs...magnezium fire starter...some matches in a water proof container...a small first aid kit...an emergency blanket...and some water...

Comment

knife would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by buck hunter 17 View Post
                            What dose "SPOT" stand for? I would do what every body else said
                            Try this page, it has some useful info regarding this subject,
                            https://www.facebook.com/WillYouSurvive?

Comment

Matches, compass signal mirror, fire stater, a little flash light, a couple of flares and a SPOT!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad