Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you love or hate camping?

Why do you love or hate camping?

I love it because it is a good way to spend time alone or with friends and have a great time

Comment

Great way to send time in the great outdoors.

Comment

Great way to spend time with family and friends. It is always and adventure and it is a great way to relax and do what we love to do.

Comment

I love just getting out in the woods and waking up to the fire.

Comment

My camping is in a wall tent deep in the wilderness not a trailor in a campground. That said what I love is the experience but what I hate is all the preparation and packing. We try to limit 180 pounds to each packhorse not including the packsaddle and pads. A saddle horse carrys much more than that for the average guy with his rifle, gear, saddle, pads, etc. I don't buy that "live weight" versus "dead weight" theory. Actually when we pack out a big bull elk the horse may have over 200 pounds of meat and horns on him. One bull elk = two pack horses.

Comment

It is a great way to get away from city life and away from work and everything. Nature is very peaceful and camping/being in nature is the best way to relax and have a good time.

Comment

I love it because it gives me a place to relax and get away from the hastles of everyday life. No school, no work, no cell phone, no homework; nothing but the sound of nature, the fire flickering, fresh caught bluegill sizzling on the skillet, pure heaven.

Comment

GREAT get away from the hustle and bustle.

Comment

i love camping because its the nice thing for the family to do together.

Comment

Love it. Like to just get away from things and its a good time to bs with buddies.

Comment

love to hear the sound of the flowing creek beside my tent

Comment

I love it because it's a great way to get away from the every day stress andjust relax, bs with the buddies.

Comment

i love it, its wonderful just to get away for a few days. no TV, no phone, no nothing. just you and the out doors.

Comment

Raccoons in the gear; poison ivy toilet paper; black flies all day and skeeters in the evening; Whipoorwills singing their hearts out to their soul mates all night; leaky tent seams; roots and rocks under the sleeping bag; stuck sleeping bag zippers; heavy footsteps and breathing outside the tent; campfire smoke in the eyes and clothes; new friends offering you a beer and a burger; fresh air; warm sunny days; cool cozy nights; brilliant stars that fill the sky; a crackling roaring campfire; no traffic; cooking over a live flame; campfire coffee; the only news report being the day's hunting or fishing stories. I love it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's on your belt?
                                by DakotaMan
                                I always have the knife, sometimes the old Ruger Single Six. ...
                                Today, 01:05 AM
                              • What's on your belt?
                                by PigHunter
                                What are you carrying on your belt this season? Here's what I had yesterday for my solo hunt on public land.

Knife - discontinued Browning...
                                Yesterday, 06:03 PM
                              • Reply to Voter Fraud
                                by jhjimbo
                                I think Trump lawyers are having a hard time getting to SCOTUS because the courts are asking for evidence and detail that no longer exists and want more...
                                Today, 12:59 AM
                              • Voter Fraud
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                                11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                              • Reply to Hunting pants?
                                by jhjimbo
                                My every day hunting are an old pair of camo Carhart heavy weight - almost like canvas. Add some UnderArmour long jons for colder weather and for real...
                                Today, 12:34 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X