Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is another follow up question... from kolbsters, who takes their cellphone to the stand with them? I do but it's because I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    IanS
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• IanS
    replied
    I take it with me but it is turned off. If I have to use it is noce to know it's there.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Beekeeper
    replied
    I carry one just in case.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    ⭐⭐⭐

• huskerguy
    replied
    Always got the phone with me. Incase something happens and to get some photos or videos while I'm out there.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• steve182
    replied
    Get your wife to send you some 'pretty' photos while you're on stand. I guarrantee you'll stay longer.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsman Matt
    ⭐⭐

• Sportsman Matt
    replied
    I actually carry 2 cellphones and a 5 watt VHF Amateur Transceiver, set to various frequencies for contacts through repeaters or simplex communications.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• kolbster
    replied
    i always have my cell phone with me, i always keep the sound turned off, but i sent lots of text messages while im sitting in the stand.

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    ⭐⭐⭐

• mdhager115
    replied
    I always have my phone with me. You never know when you might need one. I also text with my buddies when we are hunting to keep track of where the deer are. Just put it on vibrate and your good to go.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• lovetohunt
    replied
    I take mine. I put it on vibrate.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• steve182
    replied
    I always carry mine, even if i get no service in the area i'm hunting. If nothing else it's a compact camera when i'm successful. Keep it on silent. Many a day i was able to extend my time on stand, kill the boredom by sending a text or two to my wife. "oops, honey, i gotta go, there's a buck coming." Woulda' been outa there long before that if not able to pass the time and stay occupied. Killed a decent buck while waiting for a text.

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    ⭐⭐⭐

• usmcturkey
    replied
    I carry my cell phone for that exact reason. You never know what will happen even if you get lost at least you can call to let someone know to send help.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    ⭐⭐⭐

• wallofsam
    replied
    Thanks for the input guys.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• MLH
    replied
    No reception in some of the areas I hunt but I take it with me anyway. If they find me at least it will make it easier for authorities to locate someone that knows me. With all the positive comments on SPOT I'll have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Armchair Mike
    ⭐⭐⭐

• Armchair Mike
    replied
    I always carry my cell, but I turn it off. I have had the same experience with the phone searching for a signal and rapidly discharging the battery. I'm interested in technology like the SPOT or an EPIRB. How about a future review? Send me one, and I'll test it by getting lost!

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• 2Poppa
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your buddy,wallofsam.
    I take my cell phone with me and place it in a plastic newspaper bag to keep moisture and condensation out of it.
    I usually keep it turned off, as the phone seems to wear down searching for cell towers. When I get to the top of a hill, I'll turn it back on to see if there are any messages.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• buckeye
    replied
    I always take mine with me I just mute it and throw it in a zip top bag incase of emergencies. I get decent reception where I hunt, but if you do not I agree with Clay Cooper you should carry a "SPOT".

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad