Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were dropped out of a helicopter in the center of Alaska and could only bring three items besides clothing what would the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were dropped out of a helicopter in the center of Alaska and could only bring three items besides clothing what would the

If you were dropped out of a helicopter in the center of Alaska and could only bring three items besides clothing what would they be and why?

Firestarter, Sharp Axe, Stainless Synthetic Pump 12 gauge (as long as I could have a mixed bag of loads-shot-buck-slugs).

Comment

three prayers. you won't walk out!

Comment

got to say i agree with idaho

Comment

Shotgun(SS 12ga.)Skis(it is winter right?)Sharp knife, (got to make a shelter some time)

Comment

A good fixed blade knife, a firestarter, and a 12 Gauge

Comment

A fire Stater, Multi-tool knives and a .300 Win Mag.

Comment

A satellite phone, A GPS to help them find me, and an appointment for an analyst to figure out why I was so bloody stupid to do that.

These "what if" questions are so unreal that there's no answer. They come from too many movies.

Here's a clue...

IF you, of your own accord, was going to go out by helicopter, you would be bringing way more than three things, unless you were very mentally unstable.

IF you were being thrown from the helicopter by the evil genius trying to take over the world you were about to thwart, I severely doubt he would fulfill your wishes for any items you wanted.

Comment

Sorry if that's a rant, but I actually had a test question like that once, and for grades.

Let me give you just one example of why everybody failed the question...

Above, several above mentioned various guns. Without saying "a box of shells" as an item, they won't do any good. The question was quite literal. So that's two items.

So you could just as easily say "a helicopter", "an airplane", or "a Humvee".

Comment

A rifle, a fire starter and a survival kit!

Comment

How about the entire cast and crew of Suvivor Man....

Comment

Just bring the man vs. wild guy with you (Bare Grills).

Comment

a big fixed blade knife a 12ga pump with shells and an all weather lighter

Comment

A spear which takes care of the knife and hunting aspects at once, a large stainless pot to boil water in cook with and could also be used as a signaling device, and rope to navigate the landscape and make traps with. No need for a fire starter as you can make fire pretty easily with what you find in nature if you know how.

Comment

If it's winter up there, you're going to be moving in the dark 24/7, nothing to eat, not to mention -40 temps and snow several feet deep. If it's summer, the bugs will literally eat you alive, if they don't drive you nuts or sufficate you first (Yukon game authorities estimate a couple hundred moose a year are sufficated by black flies, white sox, no-see-ums, and several species of mosquitoes). Walking in muskeg or tundra is a nightmare! Three items is not going to help much but I'd make sure one of them was an Alaskan Native elder who could speak good English - and liked me a lot!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad