Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you rather fight a wolf or a puma?(I personaly wouldn't enjoy fighting either of them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you rather fight a wolf or a puma?(I personaly wouldn't enjoy fighting either of them)

what would you rather fight a wolf or a puma?(I personaly wouldn't enjoy fighting either of them)

A mad kittie of any size scares me more than a canine. I'd take the wolf if it came down to that! I hope I never have to deal with either.

Comment

I hope i never run across either of them but i think the cougar would be the worse of the two.

Comment

At least you know when a wolf is attacking you. I would take a wolf, they fight more fair.

Comment

not to sure most likely a wolf. i think you have a better chance with a wolf than a mountain lion

Comment

If I had a choice Fangs only, not Fangs and CLAWS!!!!

But why would you be in an area to meet either one without a gun.

Comment

First off why would you even want to fight either of these animals? Now to the question, I am with Moishe mountain lions are the ultimate predators. They are killing machines,easily able to kill you with just a blow from their paws. A wolf is large and powerful but it only has one offensive weapon, it's mouth. If you can get ahold of it's mouth you can rip it's jays apart.

Comment

I once read that the big cats like to hold a human target by the head and shoulders with their front claws, while ripping out his guts with their hind claws. The wolves would not have a stunt like that in their playbook.
                That said, I've heard that the puma is a real pussycat compared to the African leopard when it comes to fighting. Bring on the wolf.

Comment

If it's not a pack, then the wolf.

Comment

I have asked my self the same kind of question. Except i used a lion and a blk bear. Wolf or bear I would not want to tangle with a lion.

Comment

If truly wild, neither would do anything but run from you most of the time.... well, if hunting isnt allowed I dunno maybe they lose their fear of humans.

but, anyway, if a normally wary either one sinced you were helpless and could get you, I think a Cougar since a wolf would eat you alive and the cat will finish you off first. So I hear.

Comment

I would rather fight a wolf because it does not have as much leg muscle power as a puma. Both have strong teeth but the puma has claws as well as powerful jaws. So I would rather fight a wolf.

Comment

Definitely a wolf. A cougar can do plenty more damage with its paws than a wolf can.

Comment

Obviously you are all fortunate that the government has chosen the west to infest with their wolves. Wolves hunt and attack in a pack. One does not fight off A wolf. Fortunately wolf attacks are rare. Should you be attacked by wolves you will be facing a fast advancing foe that will be trying to flank you. Mountain lions on the other hand will stalk unseen or strike from cover taking you by the head. With its fangs imbedded in your skull it will quickly snap your neck and drag you off. We had a guy knocked from his horse while hunting by a mountain lion but avoided the jaws and was able to hold it away from his head and neck by kicking it with his spurs until his son was able to shoot it. Had it been wolves, while kicking away the one the others would have killed him. Last year my neighbor down the street spotted a wolf in his yard. Where I hunt I compete with wolves mountain lions and bears from the tracks I see. I'm so happy that the government protects them so well. Not! My .44 protects me.

Comment

I too would rather fight the wolf if it came down to it and I had the choice. Cats are just WAYY more agile and better at fighting. Dogs are not quite as quick and agile as cats. I would still hate to fight either one though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad