Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone else here think that the criteria of points in terms of testing gear is a bit unfair? there are poeple on here who h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone else here think that the criteria of points in terms of testing gear is a bit unfair? there are poeple on here who h

does anyone else here think that the criteria of points in terms of testing gear is a bit unfair? there are poeple on here who have been on this forum since its conception and someone who just started would NEVER catch up to them. i think that we should still have the points, but there should be two separate categories: one for testing gear and another for site rankings. the one for testing gear should start over after a winner is selected. thats just my 2 cents!

I could care less. I'm not on this forum to test material. I never even filled out the forms to get in on the testing game. I'm here to swap info and opinions.

Comment

same here ontario i filled it out cause i thought it was required but i don't care i like the info i get alot more

Comment

The "points" DO NOT count either FOR or AGAINST you as a "tester".
        They are for "US" to determine who knows what they are talking about or not. So don't let it worry you.

Comment

Console yourself that the old-timers with the highest point scores can only be selected to test gear once per year, and that four selections are made each month. Still, that could mean that the top 48 scores would be selected all the time, and number 49 would always be waiting on the outside looking in.
          But I understand that quality of postings is factored in, which is a good thing, because a lot of the postings consist of "me too's" and corrections of spelling errors in the preceding post.

Comment

I've been on here quite some time and I have never tested gear. I don't really care though. I just joined to get and give hunting and fishing advice to and from people. I really like what advice I have got on here too.

Comment

It doesn't matter how many points you have, its how good your posts are. Either way, who cares? If you want gear that badly, go buy it. (Aren't you the one that won the G Loomis from Kirk Deeter?)

Comment

hjohn429: have you checked your profile lately? It shows that you have had eight gear reviews, including a 2009 Dodge Ram pickup truck.

Comment

every one wants to cry over gear testing well in my op its just wanting something for free thats the complant most just dont put it that plain .
                  but this site gives alot of free stuff

1. advice from those that have been out in the field and found what works and dosnt and are always willing to share what they have leard the hard way just to help others out . and that is alot i would have loved to have acess to this type of thing when i was a young pup it would have improved my game huntting 10 fold for sure
                  points mean nothing to most as for free gear good luck thier s only so many new iteas made each year for our types of uses so not every will get the chance to test

Comment

I just checked Alex Pernice's profile and it shows that he has 45,000+ points and has 238 gear reviews, all samples of the same brand of fishing monofilament. I don't think that is possible.

Comment

im not on this forum to test gear. i havent even filled out the form. i am on here to learn more about the outdoors from people with a lot more experience than me. i was just glancing through and it stood out to me so i thought i would mention it. im not complaining just throwin it out there. (and alex, not everyone has been fed by the silver spoon as you obviously have so we (atleast i) cant just "go buy it".

Comment

I want to test gear!! where is the form?????? I want to test a 50 cal gun the one in the army was funt to shoot!

but darn heavy!! oh wait, there is nothing in LP of MI that I can kill with that cal gun!

Comment

Alex, trust me, I am by no means rich. I have the average amount of cash a 14 year old kid like myself has. When I get new gear, I work for it. It took me 11 months to get the 280$ for my bow, and I worked for every dollar. Don't go around assuming people have more money than you. But what you can do is work, and save money slowly to get the gear you need, and you can realize that that old dozen arrows will still work another few months but that String won't.

Comment

If you are here posting with no other objective than that, then bye.

Comment

jeff did you not read my other post?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad