Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy a new bass rod, i don't know whether to go with G Loomis or ST Croix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Definitely St Croix for sure!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bassman3-15
    replied
    Definantley St. Croix. They're not as expensive as G.Loomis, and the quality is great. They're very sensetive and strong. Also if your looking at the bang for the buck, their Premiers and Mojo series are great.

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    I'd lean St. Croix, probably because I have two of their flyrods and have not been disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• hothar
    replied
    I've got 7 foot ultralights from both. Got the G.Loomis IMX and several years later found the St.Croix Avid hiding in Cabela's Sydney Bargain Cave at a ridiculous price. Don't think you'd go wrong with either rod, but my G.Loomis seems a hair more sensitive than the St.Croix which I find a little whippier and more moderate in action. Neither rod is its company's top-of-the-line model, but both are the highest quality 7 foot ultra light its company sells.

Leave a comment:

• lukem
    replied
    haven't honestly tried both types, but i love my st. croix rod. Best rod i've ever used.

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    I have fished St Croix rods for many years. They are great and i love them. I havent fished G Loomis rods but i do know they are a great rod company. I would go with whichever is less expensive because they are both great rods.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    Definitely depends on how much you want to spend. Been awhile since I priced them, but I think the G Loomis rods are a little more expensive. St. Croix has a good product too.

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    save $$$$ go with the Ugly Stick...I bought one 16 yrs ago and still use it, I landed a 41" Striper with it last June....

Leave a comment:

• adaboshi
    replied
    St Croix

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I purchased a G Loomis Bronzeback several years ago and haven't been able to put it down.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to New Things
    by jhjimbo
    I just heard a Dr. caution the virus may spike this summer as people in the south head in to A/C spaces to beat the heat.
    Shop for MERV-13 or better...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • New Things
    by MattM37
    Some interesting stories in the recent Fur-Fish-Game. Canoeing down rivers to hunt for wild boars, and stalking streambanks to hunt muskrats. Are...
    Yesterday, 07:14 PM
  • Reply to New Things
    by PigHunter
    Jim, it will be $900 and 2 to 3 work days. One way drive time is 45 minutes so there's no need for overnight stay. There's a sign out / sign in board...
    Today, 08:37 AM
  • Reply to New Things
    by jhjimbo
    In Central NY we had a TV personality who had a Saturday TV show primarily on hunting and had Remington as his major sponsor. Played a lot of Remington...
    Today, 08:01 AM
  • Reply to New Things
    by jhjimbo
    How much do you pay for a year ?
    Today, 07:50 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X