Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy a new bass rod, i don't know whether to go with G Loomis or ST Croix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to buy a new bass rod, i don't know whether to go with G Loomis or ST Croix.

I'm going to buy a new bass rod, i don't know whether to go with G Loomis or ST Croix.

i'm a st.croix person between the two of them. a little spendy either way you go.

Comment

I purchased a G Loomis Bronzeback several years ago and haven't been able to put it down.

Comment

St Croix

Comment

save $$$$ go with the Ugly Stick...I bought one 16 yrs ago and still use it, I landed a 41" Striper with it last June....

Comment

Definitely depends on how much you want to spend. Been awhile since I priced them, but I think the G Loomis rods are a little more expensive. St. Croix has a good product too.

Comment

I have fished St Croix rods for many years. They are great and i love them. I havent fished G Loomis rods but i do know they are a great rod company. I would go with whichever is less expensive because they are both great rods.

Comment

haven't honestly tried both types, but i love my st. croix rod. Best rod i've ever used.

Comment

I've got 7 foot ultralights from both. Got the G.Loomis IMX and several years later found the St.Croix Avid hiding in Cabela's Sydney Bargain Cave at a ridiculous price. Don't think you'd go wrong with either rod, but my G.Loomis seems a hair more sensitive than the St.Croix which I find a little whippier and more moderate in action. Neither rod is its company's top-of-the-line model, but both are the highest quality 7 foot ultra light its company sells.

Comment

I'd lean St. Croix, probably because I have two of their flyrods and have not been disappointed.

Comment

Definantley St. Croix. They're not as expensive as G.Loomis, and the quality is great. They're very sensetive and strong. Also if your looking at the bang for the buck, their Premiers and Mojo series are great.

Comment

Definitely St Croix for sure!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                                Today, 06:44 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                                Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X