Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody use a St. Croix Premier spinning rod, whats good about it, whats not so good about it, and what kind of reel do you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody use a St. Croix Premier spinning rod, whats good about it, whats not so good about it, and what kind of reel do you

Does anybody use a St. Croix Premier spinning rod, whats good about it, whats not so good about it, and what kind of reel do you have on it?

I believe that St.Croix makes one of the best if not the best Spinning Rods in the world, in my honest opinion. The Premier is a great mid-range priced rod. I have used it with any Shimano reel and had awesome results, particularly walleye, pike and small mouth bass. And the best thing, is that is made in the U.S.A.!

Comment

Thanks for your input, I have heard many good things about these rods, but then you hear the one review where the guy says the thing is a piece of junk and it breaks too easily. The guy just probably beats the hell out of his equipment, so I really think I am going to have to get one, I doubt I will be disappointed.

Comment

i have a stcroix and i think the action on the rods are slower than should be, for example my fast action st croix is the same action as my moserate action GLoomis, i would go with a GLoomis

Comment

G. Loomis is a good brand also, if you can afford it! For the price, the Premier is excellent! I don't think G. Loomis makes a rod for or at $100.00 even, you'll have to buy a Shimano rod for their technology at that price.

Comment

I have two premiers...(1)7'6"med-lite,fast action w/Diawa Team Advantage2500 w/ 15# braided power pro line and (1) 7' med heavy fast action with diawa 3000 team advantage w/20# pwr pro braided line.Excellent rods and can hand hard fighting fish. Very sensative and good for either bait or lures.. If you want to put out about another $120.00, get the g- loomis. They're in two different classes of rods. Just pick one up in each hand and you'll know. My recommendation is go with the St. Croix. For the money, you can't loose.ps. You may notice that I lined the reels with 5# over what the rod is spec't. for. Rods are usually a bit under rated for what they can actually handle. Don't go too far over!!

Comment

Premier is excellent!

Comment

Premier is excellent!

Comment

Premier is excellent!

Comment

Premier is excellent!

Comment

Premier is excellent!

Comment

Premier is excellent!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad