Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not really a hunter but I want to buy a clay pigeon shooter for a friend. Can someone tell me what my options are and good p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not really a hunter but I want to buy a clay pigeon shooter for a friend. Can someone tell me what my options are and good p

I'm not really a hunter but I want to buy a clay pigeon shooter for a friend. Can someone tell me what my options are and good places to shop? Thanks!

I bought one that hooks up to the trailer hitch and shoots all different ways. Do all traps is what its called. I got it at the wal-marts. It can shoot one, two or three skeet at a time. Its great.

Comment

Wal-Mart usually has them, if not there is always Cabelas or Bass Pro.

Comment

Walmart is probably the your best bet and if they don't have it in the store you can buy it online and I believe they have free shipping to the store. I just bought a Champion Skyhawk (about $100) and love it. I recommend one that does 3/4 cocking.

Comment

There are all kinds of different throwers on the market from hand held, spring loaded to mechinical. You need to do some research or look around, find one you like and at the price you like and get that one.

Comment

depending on how much you want to spend anywhere from $30-$5000. i would go with what Jay said a $100 one from walmart will work fine. i love mine.

Comment

I'd spend a little more for one that anchors to your truck hitch, bolts to a tire or comes on a stand. The throwers you step on to push into the ground always seem to come loose. I'd go to cabelas.com

Comment

The local Wally World usually has a good selection ro choose from

Comment

gander mountain and dicks contains a wide variety of hunting asseceries

Comment

Bass Pro Shops.

Comment

Bass Pro Shops.

Comment

Bass Pro Shops.

Comment

One of the cheap hand throwers will give you the most variety of shot presentations but you will need someone to throw the birds for you. Buckhunter is right about the ground mount machines. One of those dang things put a nasty dent in the vent rib on my Grade III Citori. It wouldn't stay in the ground and it fired unexpectedly.

Comment

Walmart, Cabelas, Bass Pro and Gander Mountain!

Comment

Walmart, Cabelas, Bass Pro and Gander Mountain!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
                                by rock rat
                                Or has someone write it. It seems most book deals only net a few million. I think the Obamas got in the single millions.

We don't know what...
                                Today, 09:58 PM
                              • I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
                                by rock rat
                                Both years he paid $750

And of the 15 years before that he paid no taxes in 10 of those years.

He works as hard at tax avoidance...
                                Yesterday, 06:29 PM
                              • Reply to Big Green
                                by FirstBubba
                                Won't disagree, but getting away from Gov. Cuomo (D-NY) is a matter of life and death.

P.S. - nothing would please Cuomo more than getting...
                                Today, 09:49 PM
                              • Big Green
                                by FirstBubba
                                Remington to be bought out by seven (7) different investors!...
                                Today, 10:05 AM
                              • Reply to Bad news for COVID-19 "cases"!
                                by rock rat
                                OSHA suggests that the safest method for retail establishments to deal with non compliant customers regarding masks is to not confront them. Some non...
                                Today, 09:48 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X