Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a spincast for crappie, but it cant be crappy. Im leanin toward a zebco 11, anything better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a spincast for crappie, but it cant be crappy. Im leanin toward a zebco 11, anything better?

I need a spincast for crappie, but it cant be crappy. Im leanin toward a zebco 11, anything better?

Anything but Zebco will do!!

Comment

Any company including zebco makes decent equipment. Typically what you pay is in direct proportion to the quality of the equipment.

Comment

What's wrong with a Zebco? Nothing. For crappie, spool it with with 6lb test. It will also handle smallmouth if drag is set correct. I also love 8lb test, that gives some room for error if your fishing good bass waters. If your going for nothing but bass get 10-12lb test.
        I believe your thinking of the Zebco 33, good reel for starting out, no need to get fancy and, you may use it for the rest of your life.

Comment

Have had real bad luck with Zebco. To each his own....

Comment

If you can find one, the Johnson Century 100 reel and any good casting rod will work wonders. I bought a couple 100's a few years back, still use them, but when you do get them, take them apart and remove the tacky grease and use a good reel oil.

Comment

Ive also had bad luck with zebco. I would go with a Plueger spinning reel. The Pflueger maxx and president are both very good choices. Theyre durable and also spin smoother than anything ive ever used

Comment

I recently bought 2 Pflueger Presidents, one in ultra-light, one in full size, and I've been very impressed w/both. Used the ultralight almost exclusively for 4 days straight on a trout fishing trip, and it worked flawlessly. As for Zebco, their Omega thumb-casters are top of the line. Yeah, they're thumb-casters, but they're made very well and they last. I've had one for 6 years, and have caught literally hundreds of panfish and bass w/it. All I do is clean it well and re-spool it w/6# mono every spring, and the thing just plain works. My kids snag em all the time, so I went w/ a quality spincast cuz they don't know how to use them yet!

Comment

I agreed with Beekeeper answer!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad