Is everyone prepared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I'm on great terms with my neighbors. If necessary, I'll arm them with Mosin Nagants and Yugoslavian FMJ. I've always wanted to yell the order "Affix Bayonets!"
    Trust me you may want to. But really you don’t lol! If you don’t know how to use a bayonet you will get yourself killed. Besides if it gets that bad there will be ammo laying around to pick up. But I like the way you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

Trust me you may want to. But really you don’t lol! If you don’t know how to use a bayonet you will get yourself killed. Besides if it gets that bad there will be ammo laying around to pick up. But I like the way you think.
      Milldawg, you bring up an excellent point. I really don't know how to use a bayonet. Sure, I've killed pig and deer with a spear but that's irrelevant.

My son-in-law is a former Marine. I need to get him to instruct. Thanks!

I've found a couple of old videos I can learn by and share with the troops...

Comment

Here's a video featuring Mosin Nagants with their spike bayonets

Comment

One thing to remember twist while pulling out. Helps break the suction. And your son in law should be able to give you a few pointers. My advice carry a small back up pistol until you find something else to use.

Comment

I read an article on the Ruger Ranch Rifle in .300 Blackout. I can't use it unless it is in Left Hand. It does have some interesting characteristics.
            https://www.guntalk.com/video-post/r...ab24e917eb6621

Comment

Speaking of bayonets, here is a Swiss Army bayonet made by Victorinox.
              I have one made by Wenger.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad